* [dpdk-users] Disable receiving new flows on a core
@ 2018-11-02  1:19 Chintan Inbay
From: Chintan Inbay @ 2018-11-02  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

We use RSS for distributing flows across cores. Sometimes, in special cases we want to disable receiving new flows to a core. Only new flows. So say if RETA is programmed to receive on cores (0,1,2,3), then the new set would be (0,1,2).  Existing flows going to (3) should be retained and forwarded. Only new flows should not be sent to (3).

Eventually when core (3) is ready again, we need to re program RETA so that all four cores can take flows. So new set of cores would be (0,1,2,3)

Is this possible?

Also if the process on core 3 goes down or crashes, is there a way to notify RSS hardware or you’d have to reprogram RETA in a signal handler?

Thanks,
Chintan

* Re: [dpdk-users] Disable receiving new flows on a core
@ 2018-11-03  2:08 ` Chintan Inbay
From: Chintan Inbay @ 2018-11-03  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Can someone please forward this to the dev group? I sent a request for subscription but it is pending. I also went through the dev group threads but didn’t find a solution.

Thanks !