* Multiple Testbbdev app on the same hardware
@ 2021-10-11  9:37 Seckin DELICIK
From: Seckin DELICIK @ 2021-10-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Dear all,

I am an Intern who works on DPDK and I am actually running "Testbbdev"
app of DPDK on some specific hardware. But when I try to run two
testbbdev in the same time on the same exact hardware, I am having some
problems. I run the same app in two different terminals on the CentOS7
installed server. I am not using any containers or multiple VM's, just
running 2 native DPDK app's in the same time.

Terminal 1: sudo ../../build/app/testbbdev -l 34 --proc-type=auto
--file-prefix=fff -- -n 512 -l 2 -c throughput -v
test_vectors/ldpc_dec_v8480.data

Terminal 2: sudo ../../build/app/testbbdev -l 35 --proc-type=auto
--file-prefix=ggg -- -n 512 -l 2 -c throughput -v
test_vectors/ldpc_dec_v8480.data

Here, I am running these two command in almost the same time (first I
run the Terminal 1, and in a split second I run the Terminal 2).
- As you can see, I run them on different cores ( with -l 34 and 35)

- I define Process Types as "auto" (here, the app of Terminal 1 would be
the PRIMARY and the Terminal 2 would be SECONDARY)

- Finally I create two different File Prefix (such as ggg and fff) so
that they can run with different memory sets.

However, my outputs are like this:
- Terminal 1 starts as PRIMARY but it got stuck (it doesn't respond) and
I kill it everytime.
- Terminal 2 finishes the LDPC decoding test.

As DPDK naturally supports multi-process, to my knowledge, these are the
arguments that we should define to make it work; however, it is not
working. Obviously, I am doing something wrong here.

I hope it is clear so that you can guide me in the correct direction.
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong in anything. For your
further questions/demands, I am at your disposal.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Best Regards.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-11  9:37 UTC | newest]