* [dpdk-users] RING: cannot reserve memory
@ 2020-04-11  8:15 Martins Eglitis
From: Martins Eglitis @ 2020-04-11  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm fuzzy testing an NFF-Go application. When fuzzing it initially I got
errors like:

EAL: Cannot create lock on `/var/run/dpdk/rte/config`. Is another
primary process running?

The errors were due to the fuzzer (even with just one worker) running
the binary multiple times before the waiting for the previous process to
finish. I read about the --proc-type=auto flag, which felt like it could
help here. However, I am currently getting errors like:

RING: Cannot reserve memory

Could it be NFF-Go related problem? Or maybe there are other flags I
should pass to DPDK EAL?

--
Best regards,
Martins Eglitis