* RCU multiple entry lookup lockless
@ 2023-02-22 13:45 Omer Yamac
From: Omer Yamac @ 2023-02-22 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

I have recently been working on RCU lib and Hash Lib. I activated RCU in
the Hash library and want to observe one thing.

Here is the case:
I want to check RCU handles multiple lookups and frees just selected
elements. I realize that reporting quiescent state releases all
elements, and I cannot choose the unused ones.

Here is an example:

I filled the hash table with some data and then looked up the first five
elements in the reader thread. Assume that three are used throughout the

If I delete these five elements in the writer, the receiver still points
to the actual data. I wanted to add some elements and free two deleted
elements that will not be used. So I report the quiescent state. Is
there a way to hold these three elements (the reader still references
that)? As I understood, I can't hold any reference to the data if I
report the quiescent state in the reader.

Thank you

--
-A. Ömer Yamaç

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-22 13:46 UTC | newest]