* Re: [dpdk-dev] i211 controller with 0 queues per port
@ 2014-09-04  7:16 Sergey Mironov
From: Sergey Mironov @ 2014-09-04  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

> Hi.
>
> I've got a SCB-8973 machine equipped with i212 network controller (6
> ports). My dpdk application (see the code snippet below) returns zeros
> for both dev_info.max_tx_queues and dev_info.max_rx_queues
>
> Have anybody got an experience of addressing this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Sergey
>

>     for (portid = 0; portid < nb_ports; portid++) {
>
>         struct rte_eth_dev_info di;
>         rte_eth_dev_info_get(portid, &di);
>
>         ELOG_INFO(MAIN, "%-6d %-6d %-6d", portid, di.max_tx_queues,
> di.max_rx_queues);
>     }

Hi! I have got an update for my "i212 problem". First of all, I found
that I have made a mistake. My controller is named i211, not i212 :)
Next, i211 controller is controlled by the lib_pmd_e1000 driver.
Unfortunately, looks like it's support is pure. For example,
igb_ethdev.c contains function eth_igb_infos_get() which should set
number of tx/rx queues supported by the hardware. It contains huge
[switch] but there is no i211 case! That is why I see zeros every time
I try to start this NC. Also, there are few other places which mention
i210, but not mention i211. I've attached a patch which adds necessary
i211 support, but I didn't check it enough to say it is totally
correct. For now I see that it just able to send and receive some
packets.

Could you please review/correct it?

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

* Re: [dpdk-dev] i211 controller with 0 queues per port
@ 2014-09-04  8:09 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-09-04  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Mironov; +Cc: dev

Hi Sergey,

2014-09-04 11:16, Sergey Mironov:
> I've attached a patch which adds necessary i211 support,

Sorry, some attached file types are forbidden on the list and
automatically removed. You should send your patch inline
(git send-email is preferred).

> but I didn't check it enough to say it is totally correct.
> For now I see that it just able to send and receive some packets.

It's better than nothing ;) Just say it in the commit log.
Thanks
--
Thomas