* [dpdk-dev] Inter-VM communication packet flow
@ 2014-07-23 19:15 Harish Patil
From: Harish Patil @ 2014-07-23 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

DPDK-dev,
From the documentation, its not very clear to me how would the inter-VM
communication packet path (traffic crossing the physical port), especially
the way macaddr table is populated in each PF port and role of the PF poll
mode driver in this context. Could you please explain the flow here?

Thanks,
Harish

________________________________

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Inter-VM communication packet flow
@ 2014-07-24  5:41 ` Harish Patil
From: Harish Patil @ 2014-07-24  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Gentle second request.

________________________________

@ 2014-07-24  7:33   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-07-24  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harish Patil; +Cc: dev

2014-07-24 05:41, Harish Patil:
> Gentle second request.

No need to do second request few hours after the first one.
You probably would have more answers if you better described the context
of what you are speaking.
If nobody has time to explain how it works, you can still read the code.

> >DPDK-dev,
> >From the documentation, its not very clear to me how would the inter-VM
> >communication packet path (traffic crossing the physical port), especially
> >the way macaddr table is populated in each PF port and role of the PF poll
> >mode driver in this context. Could you please explain the flow here?

> This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic
> Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or
> use this information. If you have received this transmission in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
> message.

Please remove this footer from your emails.

--
Thomas