* [dpdk-dev] Ability to/impact of running with smaller page sizes
@ 2014-06-30 22:43 Matt Laswell
From: Matt Laswell @ 2014-06-30 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hey Folks,

In my application, I'm seeing some design considerations in a project I'm
working on that push me towards the use of smaller memory page sizes.  I'm
curious - is it possible in practical terms to run DPDK without hugepages?
 If so, does anybody have any practical experience (or a
back-of-the-envelop estimate) of how badly such a configuration would hurt
performance?  For sake of argument, assume that virtually all of the memory
being used is in pre-allocated mempools (e.g lots of rte_mempool_create(),
very little rte_malloc().

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Matt Laswell