* Re: [dpdk-dev] Looks like rte_mempool_free_count() and rte_mempool_count() are swapped
       [not found] <523172C3.2040309@gmail.com>
@ 2014-01-02 13:32 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-01-02 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Vyal; +Cc: dev

12/09/2013 09:52, Dmitry Vyal :
> If I understand it correctly, the ring contains free buffers and
> rte_ring_count() returns a number of entries inside a ring. So this
> function actually calculates the number of free entries, not busy.

Yes, you're right. mempool's objects are free mbufs.
So mempool_count is the number of free mbufs,
and mempool_free_count is the number of free slots to store more free mbufs.
I agree that the naming is confusing but I'm not sure we should change it.

--
Thomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-01-02 13:31 UTC | newest]