* [dpdk-dev] IPSec support in DPDK
@ 2013-12-14 17:49 Vivek Soni
From: Vivek Soni @ 2013-12-14 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,
I am looking at the options available to support IPSec functionality in my
DPDK based application.
I found from the data sheet that Intel 82599 NIC supports IPSec offload.
Is it possible for a dpdk application to utilize hardware ipsec offload
function present in the  NIC ?

Regards,
Vivek

* Re: [dpdk-dev] IPSec support in DPDK
@ 2014-01-09 15:24 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-01-09 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vivek Soni; +Cc: dev

Hello,

14/12/2013 18:49, Vivek Soni:
> I am looking at the options available to support IPSec functionality in my
> DPDK based application.
> I found from the data sheet that Intel 82599 NIC supports IPSec offload.
> Is it possible for a dpdk application to utilize hardware ipsec offload
> function present in the  NIC ?

No, IPsec offloading with 82599 is not supported.
As far as I know, IPsec stacks on DPDK are using either Cave Creek, Nitrox or
pure software (AVX/AES-NI) but not 82599's engines.

--
Thomas