* [dpdk-dev] Alternatives to RSS on virtio-net devices
@ 2014-10-14  7:07 Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2014-10-14  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

Having worked around the previously reported bizarre linker issues, I can now
see this new error:

PMD: virtio_dev_start(): RSS cannot be configured for VirtI/O net devices

If I want to ensure that the flows are sent consistently to the same core on
virtio-net to prevent surprises, what are my options?

Given these interfaces are probably slower than physical ones, is RX / TX from
a single core a possibility? Distributor? What are people doing to get it to
work? Is it better to use some other kind of interface like a fake virtual
Intel NIC, where the RSS might be supported, instead?

Thanks,
Matthew.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-10-14  7:00 UTC | newest]