* [dpdk-dev] transmit functions of dpdk
@ 2014-12-10 11:03 Sachin Sharma
From: Sachin Sharma @ 2014-12-10 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Dear all,

 In my algorithm, I am interested to perform  two activities - (1)
transmitting packets to a tx_queue and (2) transmitting packets from
tx_queue to a wire - separately. I have gone through the code by putting
logs in the dpdk code and found that there is a function rte_eth_tx_burst
which transmits packets to a specific queue. However, when I debugged more
then I found that this function just calls eth_igb_xmit_pkts
from librte_pmd_e1000, and this function just directly write the packets to
the wire by writing all packets into registers. Could you please suggest
how to implement these two functions if these are not implemented already
in dpdk?

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin.