* [dpdk-dev] make config on cents 6.6 with 3.5 kernel and 4.7 gcc not finding config target
@ 2015-01-22 22:42 Vipin Agrawal
From: Vipin Agrawal @ 2015-01-22 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I was able to build it without any issues earlier yesterday but all of a sudden, it started to give me this error.  All I did was add the boot options in grub.con : default_hugepagesz=1G hugepagesz=1G hugepages=4 hpet_mmap

Even after removing them, this problem still persists.

[root@localhost dpdk-1.8.0]# make config T=x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/root/dpdk-1.8.0/config/defconfig_x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc', needed by `/root/dpdk-1.8.0/build/.config'.  Stop.
make: *** [config] Error 2

________________________________

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

________________________________

* Re: [dpdk-dev] make config on cents 6.6 with 3.5 kernel and 4.7 gcc not finding config target
@ 2015-01-23  9:32 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2015-01-23  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vipin Agrawal; +Cc: dev

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 10:42:26PM +0000, Vipin Agrawal wrote:
> I was able to build it without any issues earlier yesterday but all of a sudden, it started to give me this error.  All I did was add the boot options in grub.con : default_hugepagesz=1G hugepagesz=1G hugepages=4 hpet_mmap
>
> Even after removing them, this problem still persists.
>
> [root@localhost dpdk-1.8.0]# make config T=x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc

This should have "native" instead of "default" in the target specifier.

Regards,
/Bruce