* [dpdk-dev] errors from VHOST on shutdown.
@ 2018-10-23 15:56 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2018-10-23 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Coquelin, Tiwei Bie; +Cc: dev

I get errors on shutdown of application using virtio-user.
For example, quitting testpmd:

Detaching a port...
vhost_kernel_set_backend(): VHOST_NET_SET_BACKEND fails, Operation not permitted
vhost_kernel_set_backend(): VHOST_NET_SET_BACKEND fails, Operation not permitted
vhost_kernel_ioctl(): VHOST_RESET_OWNER failed: Operation not permitted

Everything works fine, but not good to have this kind of thing visible to user.
These error messages should be fixed, or the error message removed.

How do you want to handle it?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] errors from VHOST on shutdown.
@ 2018-10-24  7:16 ` Tiwei Bie
From: Tiwei Bie @ 2018-10-24  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: Maxime Coquelin, dev

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 08:56:58AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I get errors on shutdown of application using virtio-user.
> For example, quitting testpmd:
>
> Detaching a port...
> vhost_kernel_set_backend(): VHOST_NET_SET_BACKEND fails, Operation not permitted
> vhost_kernel_set_backend(): VHOST_NET_SET_BACKEND fails, Operation not permitted
> vhost_kernel_ioctl(): VHOST_RESET_OWNER failed: Operation not permitted
>
> Everything works fine, but not good to have this kind of thing visible to user.
> These error messages should be fixed, or the error message removed.
>
> How do you want to handle it?

I'll take a close look and try to fix it.

Thanks