* [dpdk-dev] Compiling on Fedora 30
@ 2019-05-01 14:24 Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2019-05-01 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Just an FYI for anyone updating to Fedora 30, released this week; there are
issues with building latest DPDK head. F30 seems to ship with GCC 9, which
is not officially released yet as far as I can see, and so has some new
warnings being flagged in our code.

I needed to set the following cflags to enable a clean build of DPDK on my
F30 system:

  "-Wno-address-of-packed-member
   -Wno-format-overflow
   -Wno-maybe-uninitialized"

Hopefully, we can get these warnings closed off before 19.05, but just want
to flag this in advance for anyone who is updating soon.

Regards,
/Bruce