* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Windows Community call - 02 May 2019
@ 2019-05-09 23:34 Ranjit Menon
From: Ranjit Menon @ 2019-05-09 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Attendees:
(Present)
Thomas (thomas@monjalon.net)
Bruce (bruce.richardson@intel.com)
Cathal (cathal.ohare@intel.com)
Pallavi (pallavi.kadam@intel.com)
Ranjit (ranjit.menon@intel.com)

Anand (anand.rawat@intel.com)
Harini (harini.ramakrishnan@microsoft.com)
Eilon  (eilong@mellanox.com)
Raslan (rasland@mellanox.com)
        (yohadt@mellanox.com)
Jeffrey (jeffrey.tippet@microsoft.com)
Omar (ocardona@microsoft.com)
Khoa (khot@microsoft.com)
Haseeb (Haseeb.Gani@cavium.com)
        (shshaikh@marvell.com)
Naresh (nareshkumar.pbs@broadcom.com)

Contact Cathal to be added to this meeting invite.

Agenda:
------
Meeting for 1 hour as a place holder every 2 weeks.
Expect call to last 30-40 minutes or longer as needed.
Encourage other dpdk.org Windows partners to join this call.
Minutes via public mailing list.
a. Current release
b. Improvements/Shared objectives
c. Any other business

Minutes:
-------
- Intel trying to integrate Windows compilation into CI.
- Working with Qian's team for this.
- Issue is Linux CI builds still use make - Windows is using meson.
   - This will require some alignment.
- Will work next with validation team to include Windows testing
   - possibly in time for 19.08
- Also need to bring Windows into community lab for unit testing
   - use Bugzilla to log request to lab to increase scope for Windows
- Draft repo needs a new branch to host latest Windows development
   - currently WIP
- What about rte_panic() removal from Windows EAL?
   - Deprecation notice to be sent for 19.05 in case of change to API/ABI
   - Windows will update based on common API change.

From: Ranjit Menon @ 2019-05-09 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

[...]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Windows Community call - 02 May 2019
@ 2019-05-14 15:48 ` Thomas Monjalon
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-14 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, harini.ramakrishnan, pallavi.kadam
  Cc: dev, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah, Eilon Greenstein,
	Anan Saif, Rani Sharoni, Tal Alon, Yohad Tor, Omar Cardona,
	Haseeb.Gani, shshaikh, nareshkumar.pbs

10/05/2019 01:34, Ranjit Menon:
> Contact Cathal to be added to this meeting invite.

Would it be possible to move this bi-weekly meeting
to the Tuesday (same time), please?

[...]
> Encourage other dpdk.org Windows partners to join this call.

Yes, would be nice to hear more developers joining the party.

[...]
> - Also need to bring Windows into community lab for unit testing
>    - use Bugzilla to log request to lab to increase scope for Windows

Any update about requesting Windows in the community lab CI?

> - Draft repo needs a new branch to host latest Windows development
>    - currently WIP

Please, which up-to-date branch we can work on?

> - What about rte_panic() removal from Windows EAL?
>    - Deprecation notice to be sent for 19.05 in case of change to API/ABI
>    - Windows will update based on common API change.

I sent the deprecation notice. Most of the changes can be done
without any API breakage.

What is the status of the PCI code in drivers/bus/pci?
Is someone working on it with clang and meson?
Mellanox would like to join the effort on PCI.

From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-14 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, harini.ramakrishnan, pallavi.kadam
  Cc: dev, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah, Eilon Greenstein,

@ 2019-05-14 16:52   ` Harini Ramakrishnan
From: Harini Ramakrishnan @ 2019-05-14 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, pallavi.kadam
  Cc: dev, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah, Eilon Greenstein,
	Anan Saif, Rani Sharoni, Tal Alon, Yohad Tor, Omar Cardona,
	Haseeb.Gani, shshaikh, nareshkumar.pbs

> - Draft repo needs a new branch to host latest Windows development
>    - currently WIP
> Please, which up-to-date branch we can work on?

"windpdk-next-dev" branch in the Windows DPDK draft repository is the most up to date branch that is currently a mirror of the upstream DPDK repository.
http://git.dpdk.org/draft/dpdk-draft-windows/log/?h=windpdk-next-dev

Also, "windpdk-v18.08-clang" branch has been created. This is Windows port of v18.08 with clang support.

From: Harini Ramakrishnan @ 2019-05-14 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, pallavi.kadam
  Cc: dev, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah, Eilon Greenstein,

@ 2019-05-16  9:41   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-16  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, harini.ramakrishnan
  Cc: dev, pallavi.kadam, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah,
	Eilon Greenstein, Anan Saif, Rani Sharoni, Tal Alon, Yohad Tor,
	Omar Cardona, Haseeb.Gani, shshaikh, nareshkumar.pbs

14/05/2019 17:48, Thomas Monjalon:
> 10/05/2019 01:34, Ranjit Menon:
> > Contact Cathal to be added to this meeting invite.
>
> Would it be possible to move this bi-weekly meeting
> to the Tuesday (same time), please?
>
> [...]
> > Encourage other dpdk.org Windows partners to join this call.
>
> Yes, would be nice to hear more developers joining the party.

[...]
> What is the status of the PCI code in drivers/bus/pci?
> Is someone working on it with clang and meson?
> Mellanox would like to join the effort on PCI.

Please add the Mellanox engineers who are Cc of this mail.
Mellanox is ramping up. We need to know how to proceed with the PCI code.

From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-16  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, harini.ramakrishnan
  Cc: dev, pallavi.kadam, bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah,

@ 2019-05-16 13:10     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Ranjit Menon, cathal.ohare, harini.ramakrishnan, pallavi.kadam,
	bruce.richardson, rasland, Adham Masarwah, Eilon Greenstein,
	Anan Saif, Rani Sharoni, Yohad Tor, Omar Cardona, Haseeb.Gani,
	shshaikh, nareshkumar.pbs, Tal Shnaiderman

sending again with fixed Cc list

16/05/2019 11:41, Thomas Monjalon: