* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Windows Community call - 16 May 2019
@ 2019-05-28  2:37 Ranjit Menon
From: Ranjit Menon @ 2019-05-28  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Attendees: (present)
Cathal <cathal.ohare@intel.com>
Pallavi <pallavi.kadam@intel.com>
Bruce <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Thomas thomas@monjalon.net
Adham Masarwah <adham@mellanox.com>
Eilon Greenstein <eilong@mellanox.com>
Yohad Tor <yohadt@mellanox.com>
Tal Shnaiderman <talshn@mellanox.com>
Ranjit <ranjit.menon@intel.com>

Anan Saif <anans@mellanox.com>;
Rani Sharoni <ranish@mellanox.com>;
Raslan rasland@mellanox.com;
Harini harini.ramakrishnan@microsoft.com;
Omar Cardona <ocardona@microsoft.com>;
Jeff jeffrey.tippet@microsoft.com;
Khoa khot@microsoft.com;
Nareshkumar nareshkumar.pbs@broadcom.com;
Haseeb Haseeb.Gani@cavium.com;
S Shaikh shshaikh@marvell.com;

Opens/Notes:
- Meeting request to move meeting to Tuesday, 1 hour later. Invite sent.
- Windows not currently in DPDK UNH community lab, but they do have
plans to increase scope of the lab testing. Current Community lab is
focused on unit testing.
- NXP/Mellanox/Intel HW is currently available in the lab. We need unit
tests for windows. Mellanox to log the bug, requesting the addition of
windows testing.
- For bus/pci : refer to windpdk-v18.08 branch in draft repo
- Code there is built using clang and functional. (No meson support yet)
- For new patches from 19.08 onwards: use repo windpdk-next-dev (Harini
is the maintainer).
- Windows will now use meson. Currently compiling with clang, but not
with meson.
- Mellanox is currently working on Ninja & meson compiler.
- Meson/make - Output from ninja will get passed to CI reporting to
display on patch status. Intel working on this.
- An issue found in latest code: If -D examples is defined, it will fail
Windows build (meson build, line 11). Working to fix
- bus/PCI developers update – net UIO driver in an old branch, next step
to get it to compile with meson and complete the work for Mellanox
device support.
- Mellanox will work on PCI, porting Mellanox Linux driver (PMD) to Windows.
- What other changes do we need to do in EAL…..to make upstreaming
easier (remove blockers)
– Need some open source libraries to support common code (BSD licenses).
- May need a better wrapper on Linux files to use for windows.
- For instance, pthreads are not supported in windows – so use macro
substitutions to manage pthread management. Need to work out how to use
wrappers more widely.
- EAL – need to get all the includes. Possible to use a wrapper.
- Pallavi to share list of files with some licensing issues that need to
get worked out. We may need to abstract out perceived common code, if
it’s not supported on windows.
List sent post-meeting:
(Following are the third party headers included for Windows on branch on
the draft repo: windpdk-v18.08-clang)
dirent.h
getopt.h
pthread.h -> contains implementation
rand48.h
sched.h -> contains implementation
syslog.h
termios.h
unistd.h -> contains implementation
net/ethernet.h
netinet/in.h -> contains implementation
netinet/tcp.h -> contains only include guard
sys/netbsd/queue.h
sys/_iovec
sys/_sockaddr_storage.h
sys/_termios.h
sys/_types.h
sys/cdefs.h -> contains only include guard
sys/mman.h
sys/queue.h

- One possible solution is to get someone to review if we need to create
a posix common code and one for windows common code. Need to understand
the blockers Pallavi has hit.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-28  2:37 UTC | newest]