* [dpdk-dev] Common netlink parsing?
@ 2020-04-25 19:24 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-04-25 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

While adding error handling to tap device, I noticed we already have two
places rolling their own netlink message handling (tap and mlx5) and now
with proposed IF proxy there is a third.

Netlink is non-trivial and easy to get wrong and doing error handling
also requires work. There should be a common library for this.

My preference would be to use pre-existing code (libmnl) but the
DPDK maintainers seem to have an aversion to taking a dependency on
any external code and reinvent everything (see RCU etc).