* [dpdk-dev] SR-IOV - VF: allowing unicast & multicast MAC addresses
@ 2015-10-28 14:30 Shaham Fridenberg
From: Shaham Fridenberg @ 2015-10-28 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hey all,

I upgraded from dpdk 1.8.0 to 2.1.0, and have a VM to which I attach several VFs in SR-IOV mode.

I managed to use set_mc_addr_list API to allow a specific multicast address via the VF, RX side.

I wonder is it possible to allow a range of multicast addresses? Allow by prefix? Couldn't find anything like that.

Also, is there some API to allow any MAC address via the VF itself (assuming PF is not accessible, VF is directly attached to the VM)?

I found filter_ctrl API but it seems to be implemented & used in PF only..

Thanks,
Shaham

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-10-28 14:30 UTC | newest]