* [dpdk-dev] Tcpdump
@ 2016-10-27 12:25 Dror Birkman
From: Dror Birkman @ 2016-10-27 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I have a DPDK application that binds to an interface and processes packets.
For debugging purposes I want to run tcpdump on this interface.

IYO, what is my best option with hurting the performance of the application
too much?

TIA,
Dror

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Tcpdump
@ 2016-10-28 14:12 ` Pattan, Reshma
From: Pattan, Reshma @ 2016-10-28 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dror Birkman; +Cc: dev

DPDK  provides dpdk-pdump tool for capturing the packets to pcap file, which can be passed to tcpdump like tool to view the packets.
Please refer below DPDK documentation on the same.  If you have further questions on the usage, please do send mail on to users@dpdk.org.
It does effect the performance so it is recommended to use it for debugging purposes.

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/pdump_lib.html
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/sample_app_ug/pdump.html

Thanks,
Reshma