* [dpdk-dev] Newbie question about distributor library
@ 2014-10-09 17:59 Wang, Shawn
From: Wang, Shawn @ 2014-10-09 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi:

I am reading document about distributor library which is added in DPDK 1.7.
The document mentioned the packets are dynamically load balanced between a set of worker cores.
So I am wondering is this the only reason we need distributor library? What else could it give us?
Do we have any performance number on this new library?

Thanks.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Newbie question about distributor library
@ 2014-10-10  7:47 ` Pattan, Reshma
From: Pattan, Reshma @ 2014-10-10  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Shawn, dev

Hi,

Distributor library  only takes care of load distribution based on flow type i.e. based on rss ( which is calculated based on 5 tuple of the packet)
value of mbuf to workers. Packets with same rss will be given to same worker. Hence different flows goes to different workers.

15.5 mpps was the performance  we achieved  with 8 worker cores, 1 Rx core and 1 TX core using sample application.

Thanks,
Reshma

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Newbie question about distributor library
@ 2014-10-10 21:06   ` Wang, Shawn
From: Wang, Shawn @ 2014-10-10 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pattan, Reshma, dev

15.5 mpps is amazing.
Does the RX core run the distributor or there is another distributor core?

Thanks.

@ 2014-10-12  9:00     ` Pattan, Reshma
From: Pattan, Reshma @ 2014-10-12  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wang, Shawn, dev

Hi ,

Distributor was running as part of Rx core.

Thanks,
Reshma