* [dpdk-dev] remaining deprecation notices
@ 2015-11-25 22:44 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-11-25 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephen, cristian.dumitrescu; +Cc: dev

Stephen, Cristian,
There are 2 remaining deprecation notices:

* The scheduler statistics structure will change to allow keeping track of
  RED actions.

* librte_pipeline: The prototype for the pipeline input port, output port
  and table action handlers will be updated:
  the pipeline parameter will be added, the packets mask parameter will be
  either removed (for input port action handler) or made input-only.

Shall we remove them?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] remaining deprecation notices
@ 2015-11-26  0:18 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2015-11-26  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 23:44:05 +0100
Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:

> Stephen, Cristian,
> There are 2 remaining deprecation notices:
>
> * The scheduler statistics structure will change to allow keeping track of
>   RED actions.
>
> * librte_pipeline: The prototype for the pipeline input port, output port
>   and table action handlers will be updated:
>   the pipeline parameter will be added, the packets mask parameter will be
>   either removed (for input port action handler) or made input-only.
>
> Shall we remove them?

I will send a patch for #1.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] remaining deprecation notices
@ 2015-11-26 13:09 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2015-11-26 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, stephen; +Cc: dev

Due to the delay in applying the packet framework patches to dpdk.org mainline, we decided to postpone the implementation for this deprecation notice for release 2.3 in order to avoid an unpredictable negative effect on performance. We plan to do this work for 2.3 while keeping a close eye on performance impact, so let's keep this deprecation notice for now, thanks!