* [dpdk-dev] librte_meter compilation fails on IBM Power8
@ 2016-06-22 12:31 Nélio Laranjeiro
From: Nélio Laranjeiro @ 2016-06-22 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cristian Dumitrescu, Chao Zhu; +Cc: dev

Hi Cristian, Chao,

I have encountered a compilation failure on IBM Power8 when compiling
master branch with EXTRA_CFLAGS='-O0 -g':

  /root/nl/dpdk.org/build/lib/librte_meter.a(rte_meter.o): In function `rte_meter_get_tb_params':
  /root/nl/dpdk.org/lib/librte_meter/rte_meter.c:57: undefined reference to `ceil'

Seems related to commit 43f4364d.

I don't have the time to search more deeply, I hope it can help.

Nélio Laranjeiro
6WIND

* Re: [dpdk-dev] librte_meter compilation fails on IBM Power8
@ 2016-06-23  6:23 ` Chao Zhu
From: Chao Zhu @ 2016-06-23  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Nélio Laranjeiro', 'Cristian Dumitrescu'; +Cc: dev

Nelio,

I'll check. Thanks!

@ 2016-06-23 17:25 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2016-06-23 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nélio Laranjeiro, Chao Zhu; +Cc: dev

I am not sure what the problem might be for IBM Power8.

ceil() is a function defined in math library, we include math.h header file in rte_meter.c and we also link the library properly in the Makefile by using LDLIBS += -lm, therefore I do not see any issue in the library code.

Thanks,
Cristian

* Re: [dpdk-dev] librte_meter compilation fails on IBM Power8
@ 2016-06-24  9:49   ` Chao Zhu
From: Chao Zhu @ 2016-06-24  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Dumitrescu, Cristian', 'Nélio Laranjeiro'; +Cc: dev

I can repeat this problem by "export EXTRA_CFLAGS="-O0 -g"" on Power8. But
I'm not sure why this happens. The "-O3 -g" option works properly. I'll
investigate more.

@ 2016-07-16  8:03     ` gowrishankar
From: gowrishankar @ 2016-07-16  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Zhu, 'Dumitrescu, Cristian',
	'Nélio Laranjeiro'
  Cc: dev

I remember I came across this problem some time back (not sure on which
tip of
master), but certainly it is no more appearing now (atleast today tip
65965546 ..)
Just an update.

Thanks,
Gowrishankar