* Support for VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIGURE_MEM_SLOTS / VHOST_USER_ADD_MEM_REG / VHOST_USER_REM_MEM_REG
@ 2023-12-15 11:39 MICHAL KOLÁŘ
From: MICHAL KOLÁŘ @ 2023-12-15 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I am solving the implementation of qemu-kvm with dpdk through vhost-user +
VPP. I have a problem with the fact that we have AMD epic servers with 4
numa nodes deployed in production. So 8 numa nodes for the entire server.

If we start virtualization and allow the guest to allocate all number of
nodes. This means the entire server (8 numa nodes) - thanks to gigabyte_
alignment, 9 memory regions will be created that will not fit into the vhost
-user message.

The solution would be to use the implemented VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIGURE
_MEM_SLOTS with calls to VHOST_USER_ADD_MEM_REG and VHOST_USER_REM_MEM_REG.

Are you not considering implementing in DPDK?

Thanks a lot.

Kolar