* [dpdk-dev]  example/l2fwd-crypto: maybe an issue?
@ 2016-06-23  5:30 Xuelin Shi
From: Xuelin Shi @ 2016-06-23  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Do we have assumption each core will have a separate crypto device?

I have only one crypto device with several queues which are shared by multi-cores.

As I run the l2fwd-crypto, only one cparam is valid and has a  good dev_id.
The other cparam is crashing.

The reason is the other qconf assoicated with the core is not initializing the dev_id
since only one crypto device is available.

Thanks,
Forrest

* Re: [dpdk-dev] example/l2fwd-crypto: maybe an issue?
@ 2016-06-27  8:44 ` Declan Doherty
From: Declan Doherty @ 2016-06-27  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xuelin Shi, dev

On 23/06/16 06:30, Xuelin Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have assumption each core will have a separate crypto device?
>
> I have only one crypto device with several queues which are shared by multi-cores.
>
> As I run the l2fwd-crypto, only one cparam is valid and has a  good dev_id.
> The other cparam is crashing.
>
> The reason is the other qconf assoicated with the core is not initializing the dev_id
> since only one crypto device is available.
>
> Thanks,
> Forrest

Hey Forrest, yes we made the assumption of one device per core the
application, we just default to using queue pair 0 of each crypto
device. It shouldn't be to much work to modify the main() and
initialize_cryptodevs() to instead allocate a cryptodev and queue pair
to each set of cparams. If you are using software crypto PMDs such as
the AESNI_MB PMD the simplest approach is just to create multiple
devices using the EAL options.

Regards
Declan