* [dpdk-dev] checklist for DPDK on Windows
@ 2019-03-14 23:04 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-03-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: harini.ramakrishnan
  Cc: ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam, ranjit.menon,
	jeffrey.b.shaw, bruce.richardson, stephen, dev, jerin.jacob,
	rasland

Hi,

Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we
need to check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
If something is missing, please complete.

The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
among all volunteers during the next months.

buildtools/pmdinfogen
usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
drivers/bus/vdev
drivers/bus/pci
lib/librte_pci
lib/librte_cmdline
lib/librte_kvargs
lib/librte_ring
lib/librte_mempool
lib/librte_mbuf
lib/librte_net
lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_errno.h
lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_string_fns.h
lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_lcore.h
lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/rte_cpuflags.c
lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/rte_cycles.c
lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_options.c
lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_thread.c
lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_proc.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal.c
    eal_create_runtime_dir()
    rte_eal_iopl_init()
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_alarm.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_cpuflags.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_debug.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_dev.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_interrupts.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_lcore.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_log.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_memory.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_thread.c
lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal_timer.c

Please check this list and mention what is done or in progress.
The best would be to reference some patches or commits
to help progress together as a community, thanks.

From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-03-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: harini.ramakrishnan
  Cc: ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam, ranjit.menon,
[...]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] checklist for DPDK on Windows
@ 2019-03-19  9:52 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-03-19  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: harini.ramakrishnan, ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam,
	ranjit.menon, jeffrey.b.shaw, bruce.richardson, stephen,
	jerin.jacob, rasland

Any feedback?
Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?

15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:

From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-03-19  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: harini.ramakrishnan, ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam,

@ 2019-03-19 19:33   ` Ranjit Menon
From: Ranjit Menon @ 2019-03-19 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev
  Cc: harini.ramakrishnan, ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam,
	jeffrey.b.shaw, bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, rasland

Thomas...
Status below:

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we
>> need to check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/pci
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_pci
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_cmdline
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_kvargs
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_ring
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_mempool
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_mbuf
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_net
- ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_errno.h
>> lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_string_fns.h
>> lib/librte_eal/common/include/rte_lcore.h
>> lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/rte_cpuflags.c
>> lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/rte_cycles.c
>> lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_options.c
>> lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_thread.c
>> lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_proc.c
- most 'common' [c/h] files ported to Windows in draft repo (using ICC)
>> lib/librte_eal/windows/eal/eal.c
>>      eal_create_runtime_dir()
>>      rte_eal_iopl_init()
- part of file port available in "Helloworld" patch

@ 2019-03-19 19:33     ` Ranjit Menon
From: Ranjit Menon @ 2019-03-19 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev
  Cc: harini.ramakrishnan, ocardona, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam,
	jeffrey.b.shaw, bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, rasland

Thomas...
Status below:

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we
>> need to check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows

@ 2019-03-19 20:36     ` Omar Cardona
From: Omar Cardona @ 2019-03-19 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, Thomas Monjalon, dev
  Cc: Harini Ramakrishnan, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam, jeffrey.b.shaw,
	bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, rasland, Khoa To

+Khoa

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we need to
>> check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows

@ 2019-03-19 20:36       ` Omar Cardona
From: Omar Cardona @ 2019-03-19 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Menon, Thomas Monjalon, dev
  Cc: Harini Ramakrishnan, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam, jeffrey.b.shaw,
	bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, rasland, Khoa To

+Khoa

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we need to
>> check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows

@ 2019-03-20 11:31       ` Olga Shern
From: Olga Shern @ 2019-03-20 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Cardona, Ranjit Menon, Thomas Monjalon, dev
  Cc: Harini Ramakrishnan, anand.rawat, pallavi.kadam, jeffrey.b.shaw,
	bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, Raslan Darawsheh,
	Khoa To, Eilon Greenstein

+Eilon

Thanks,
Olga

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we need to
>> check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows

@ 2019-03-20 11:31         ` Olga Shern

On 3/19/2019 2:52 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Any feedback?
> Could we try to give a work estimation for these items?
>
> 15/03/2019 00:04, Thomas Monjalon:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Below is a list of directories, files or functions which we need to
>> check to make basic DPDK works on Windows.
>> If something is missing, please complete.
>>
>> The goal of this list is to make a status of what is already done,
>> and plan what should be done next. It will help to share the workload
>> among all volunteers during the next months.
>>
>> buildtools/pmdinfogen
- not ported to Windows
>> usertools/dpdk-devbind.py
- not ported to Windows
>> drivers/bus/vdev
- not ported to Windows

@ 2019-05-28 13:24         ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-05-28 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Cardona, Harini Ramakrishnan
  Cc: dev, Olga Shern, Ranjit Menon, pallavi.kadam, jeffrey.b.shaw,
	bruce.richardson, stephen, jerin.jacob, Raslan Darawsheh,
	Khoa To, Eilon Greenstein, cathal.ohare, adham, yohadt, talshn,
	anans, jeffrey.tippet, khot, nareshkumar.pbs, Haseeb.Gani,
	shshaikh

Should we have a page with an up-to-date status of the work?
Would be good to have an overview of the progress,
even if it's not as simple as a progress bar :)