* [dpdk-dev] librte_distributor relies on RSS?
@ 2014-07-09  5:50 Yerden Zhumabekov
From: Yerden Zhumabekov @ 2014-07-09  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

As far as I understand the code of rte_distributor,
rte_distributor_process() assign packets to workers using
m->pkt.hash.rss field of the mbuf. It means that Receive Side Scaling
should be initialized for the NIC. Otherwise, all packets would be
erroneously distributed to the same single worker.

Am I correct? maybe the RSS requirement should be added to the
description of the library then?

I apparently have some trouble enabling RSS for vmxnet3 pmd driver, so
the question is whether it is right or wrong to calculate and fill the
m->pkt.hash.rss field using my own hash function?

--
Sincerely,

Yerden Zhumabekov
STS, ACI
Astana, KZ

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-09  5:50 UTC | newest]