* [dpdk-dev] rte_config.h missing in DPDK 1.7.1
@ 2014-12-11 11:17 sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-12-11 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi!
I am seeking help on installing DPDK OVS with DPDK 1.7.1 on ubuntu 14.04.
If any body knows solutin, please let me.

I compile in a typical way for DPDK 1.7.1 with x86_64_native-linuxaap-gcc.
command:

make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
make

It compiled and worked. I am able to run testpmd appplication also.

But I start to compile DPDK OVS, DPDK OVS gives error. The erros is :

 CC       lib/dpdk-link.lo
lib/dpdk-link.c:25:24: fatal error: rte_config.h: No such file or directory
 #include <rte_config.h>

Please help where is wrong. WhenI search in DPDK 1.7.1 folder, I
couldnt find rte_config.h file.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Sothy

* Re: [dpdk-dev] rte_config.h missing in DPDK 1.7.1
@ 2014-12-11 11:22 ` Marc Sune
From: Marc Sune @ 2014-12-11 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

This usually shows up when you are attempting to compile your DPDK
application without properly defining RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET (where DPDK
source resides).

Just double check if they are properly defined and exported

marc

@ 2014-12-11 13:37   ` sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-12-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Sune; +Cc: dev

Hi Marc!
Thank for your response. But I tried double check.Propelly set those
values. Actually I found the file inside
x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/include/rte_config.h.
But when I compile DPDK OVS, it does not find the file. I got same error/