* [dpdk-dev] mk: RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS doesn't work properly anymore
@ 2015-06-10  9:38 Dirk-Holger Lenz
From: Dirk-Holger Lenz @ 2015-06-10  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,
since the hardware specific library functions were put into a separate
folder 'drivers' the feature to build a combined library doesn't generate
a combined library including these hardware specific functions anymore.
The reason for this is that the combined library is built before the
'drivers' folder is built.
For me it worked changing in dpdk/mk/rte.sdkbuild.mk
line 96 from:
   @if [ $@ = lib -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \
to:
   @if [ $@ = drivers -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \

here the context:
$(ROOTDIRS-y):
         @[ -d $(BUILDDIR)/$@ ] || mkdir -p $(BUILDDIR)/$@
         @echo "== Build $@"
         $(Q)$(MAKE) S=$@ -f $(RTE_SRCDIR)/$@/Makefile -C $(BUILDDIR)/$@ all
         @if [ $@ = drivers -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \
                 $(MAKE) -f $(RTE_SDK)/lib/Makefile sharelib; \
         fi
Best regards
Dirk

* Re: [dpdk-dev] mk: RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS doesn't work properly anymore
@ 2015-06-10  9:42 ` Gonzalez Monroy, Sergio
From: Gonzalez Monroy, Sergio @ 2015-06-10  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk-Holger Lenz; +Cc: dev

On 10/06/2015 10:38, Dirk-Holger Lenz wrote:
> Hello,
> since the hardware specific library functions were put into a separate
> folder 'drivers' the feature to build a combined library doesn't generate
> a combined library including these hardware specific functions anymore.
> The reason for this is that the combined library is built before the
> 'drivers' folder is built.
> For me it worked changing in dpdk/mk/rte.sdkbuild.mk
> line 96 from:
>   @if [ $@ = lib -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \
> to:
>   @if [ $@ = drivers -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \
>
> here the context:
> $(ROOTDIRS-y):
>         @[ -d $(BUILDDIR)/$@ ] || mkdir -p $(BUILDDIR)/$@
>         @echo "== Build $@"
>         $(Q)$(MAKE) S=$@ -f $(RTE_SRCDIR)/$@/Makefile -C
> $(BUILDDIR)/$@ all
>         @if [ $@ = drivers -a $(RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS) = y ]; then \
>                 $(MAKE) -f $(RTE_SDK)/lib/Makefile sharelib; \
>         fi
> Best regards
> Dirk

Yes, that fixes it.

There is already a patch for it that does exactly that :) (not merge yet
though).
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-June/019040.html

Sergio