* [dpdk-dev] TSO support for Virtio_pmd
@ 2016-04-20  6:10 Nissim Nisimov
From: Nissim Nisimov @ 2016-04-20  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

I see some additions in dpdk 16.04 to support TSO for vhost-user dpdk driver with vanilla linux virtio VM.

Does dpdk Virtio driver support TSO with the current code? if not, is there any plan to support it in the future?

Thanks,
Nissim

* Re: [dpdk-dev] TSO support for Virtio_pmd
@ 2016-04-20  7:09 ` Tan, Jianfeng
From: Tan, Jianfeng @ 2016-04-20  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nissim Nisimov, dev

Hi Nissim,

On 4/20/2016 2:10 PM, Nissim Nisimov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see some additions in dpdk 16.04 to support TSO for vhost-user dpdk driver with vanilla linux virtio VM.
>
> Does dpdk Virtio driver support TSO with the current code?

Virtio pmd driver does not support TSO for now.

> if not, is there any plan to support it in the future?

Previously, it's implemented in the v3 of the patchset, which you are
referring to, but abandoned in the v4.
v3: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/27512
v8: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/32743

It may be because that there's no consumers (L4 stack) for this feature.
And if you want that, you could make that as a reference.

Thanks,
Jianfeng