* [dpdk-dev] No egressing packet
@ 2015-09-15 21:10 Wu, Yiwen
From: Wu, Yiwen @ 2015-09-15 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

I am new to dpdk. I am running a single forwarding program based on dpdk
2.1.0. The program runs on a VM, binding on two interfaces. All it's
doing is to forward packets from one interface to another. All
ingressing packets are fine but there seems no egressing packets. I used
rte_eth_add_tx_callback to register a tx callback. The callback is able
to print the right egress packet but the destination is just not
receiving it (via tcpdump). Does anybody have the similar experience?
Any solution or hints will be great.

Thanks,

Yiwen

* Re: [dpdk-dev] No egressing packet
@ 2015-09-16  7:32 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-09-16  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wu, Yiwen; +Cc: dev

2015-09-15 17:10, Wu, Yiwen:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to dpdk. I am running a single forwarding program based on dpdk
> 2.1.0. The program runs on a VM, binding on two interfaces. All it's
> doing is to forward packets from one interface to another. All
> ingressing packets are fine but there seems no egressing packets. I used
> rte_eth_add_tx_callback to register a tx callback. The callback is able
> to print the right egress packet but the destination is just not
> receiving it (via tcpdump). Does anybody have the similar experience?
> Any solution or hints will be great.

You need to call rte_eth_tx_burst() instead of rte_eth_add_tx_callback().
For more information, please check the guide:
	http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/poll_mode_drv.html#poll-mode-driver
You can also check this basic example:
	http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/examples/skeleton/basicfwd.c

* Re: [dpdk-dev] No egressing packet
@ 2015-09-16 13:30   ` Wu, Yiwen
From: Wu, Yiwen @ 2015-09-16 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

Thomas,

I am using rte_eth_tx_burst to send packets. I also use
rte_eth_add_tx_callback to register a callback to figure out what has
been sent.

Thanks,

Yiwen

@ 2015-09-16 13:35     ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2015-09-16 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wu, Yiwen, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

I would suggest checking that the source mac address is correct for all
outgoing frames as packets with an incorrect source are likely to be blocked
due to security (spoofing) concerns.

/Bruce