* 21.11.6 patches review and test
@ 2023-12-20 13:22 Kevin Traynor
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2023-12-20 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, benjamin.walker,
	David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,
	John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Kevin Traynor, Luca Boccassi,
	Pei Zhang, qian.q.xu, Raslan Darawsheh, Thomas Monjalon,
	yanghliu, yuan.peng, zhaoyan.chen

Hi all,

Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 21.11.6.

The planned date for the final release is 12 January.

Please help with testing and validation of your use cases and report
any issues/results with reply-all to this mail. For the final release
the fixes and reported validations will be added to the release notes.

A release candidate tarball can be found at:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v21.11.6-rc1

These patches are located at branch 21.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

Thanks.

Kevin

---
Aakash Sasidharan (2):
      event/cnxk: fix return values for capability API
      test/event: fix crypto null device creation

Abdullah Sevincer (1):
      event/dlb2: fix disable PASID

Akhil Goyal (3):
      common/cnxk: fix different size bit operations
      net/cnxk: fix uninitialized variable
      net/cnxk: fix uninitialized variable

Alexander Kozyrev (2):
      net/mlx5: fix MPRQ stride size to accommodate the headroom
      ethdev: fix ESP packet type description

Amit Prakash Shukla (2):
      common/cnxk: fix DPI memzone name
      dma/cnxk: fix device state

Anoob Joseph (2):
      cryptodev: add missing doc for security context
      doc: replace code blocks with includes in security guide

Ashwin Sekhar T K (1):
      common/cnxk: fix aura disable handling

Beilei Xing (1):
      net/i40e: fix FDIR queue receives broadcast packets

Bing Zhao (1):
      net/mlx5: fix shared Rx queue list management

Brian Dooley (3):
      test/crypto: fix IV in some vectors
      test/crypto: skip some synchronous tests with CPU crypto
      examples/ipsec-secgw: fix partial overflow

Bruce Richardson (8):
      crypto/ipsec_mb: add dependency check for cross build
      event/sw: remove obsolete comment
      net/i40e: fix buffer leak on Rx reconfiguration
      eventdev: fix device pointer for vdev-based devices
      eventdev: fix missing driver names in info struct
      ethdev: fix function name in comment
      event/dlb2: fix name check in self-test
      event/dlb2: fix missing queue ordering capability flag

Chaoyong He (6):
      net/nfp: fix Tx descriptor free logic of NFD3
      net/nfp: fix DMA error after abnormal exit
      net/nfp: fix link status interrupt
      net/nfp: fix reconfigure logic in PF initialization
      net/nfp: fix reconfigure logic in VF initialization
      net/nfp: fix reconfigure logic of set MAC address

Chengwen Feng (1):
      net/hns3: fix traffic management thread safety

Ciara Loftus (1):
      net/af_xdp: make compatible with libbpf 0.8.0

Ciara Power (2):
      crypto/qat: fix NULL algorithm digest placement
      crypto/qat: fix raw API null algorithm digest

Dariusz Sosnowski (4):
      common/mlx5: fix controller index parsing
      net/mlx5: fix use after free on Rx queue start
      net/mlx5: fix hairpin queue states
      net/mlx5: fix hairpin queue unbind

David Christensen (1):
      net/tap: use MAC address parse API instead of local parser

David Marchand (18):
      mempool: fix default ops for an empty mempool
      eventdev: fix symbol export for port maintenance
      common/cnxk: remove dead Meson code
      app/bbdev: fix link with NXP LA12XX
      net/iavf: fix checksum offloading
      net/iavf: fix Tx debug
      net/iavf: remove log from Tx prepare function
      net/iavf: fix TSO with big segments
      net/ice: remove log from Tx prepare function
      net/ice: fix TSO with big segments
      net/mlx5: fix leak in sysfs port name translation
      net/bonding: fix link status callback stop
      net/tap: fix L4 checksum offloading
      net/tap: fix IPv4 checksum offloading
      net/iavf: fix indent in Tx path
      doc: remove restriction on ixgbe vector support
      doc: fix some ordered lists
      doc: remove number of commands in vDPA guide

Dengdui Huang (14):
      net/hns3: fix VF default MAC modified when set failed
      net/hns3: fix error code for multicast resource
      net/hns3: fix flushing multicast MAC address
      app/testpmd: fix help string
      net/hns3: fix unchecked Rx free threshold
      net/hns3: fix double stats for IMP and global reset
      net/hns3: remove reset log in secondary
      net/hns3: fix multiple reset detected log
      net/hns3: refactor interrupt state query
      net/hns3: fix mailbox sync
      net/hns3: fix IMP or global reset
      net/hns3: fix ignored reset event
      net/hns3: fix reset event status
      net/hns3: fix VF reset handler interruption

Eli Britstein (1):
      net/mlx5: zero UDP checksum over IPv4 in encapsulation

Feifei Wang (1):
      app/pipeline: add sigint handler

Fengjiang Liu (1):
      net/virtio: fix missing next flag in Tx packed ring

Ferruh Yigit (3):
      net/txgbe: fix out of bound access
      mempool: fix get function documentation
      mempool: clarify enqueue/dequeue ops documentation

Gagandeep Singh (1):
      bus/dpaa: fix build with asserts for GCC 13

Gregory Etelson (1):
      eal/windows: fix build with recent MinGW

Harman Kalra (1):
      mempool/cnxk: fix free from non-EAL threads

Harry van Haaren (1):
      event/sw: fix ordering corruption with op release

Hernan Vargas (3):
      baseband/acc: fix ACC100 HARQ input alignment
      test/bbdev: fix Python script subprocess
      test/bbdev: assert failed test for queue configure

Huisong Li (13):
      net/hns3: fix order in NEON Rx
      app/testpmd: remove useless check in TSO command
      app/testpmd: fix tunnel TSO capability check
      app/testpmd: add explicit check for tunnel TSO
      app/testpmd: fix tunnel TSO configuration
      net/hns3: extract common function to obtain revision ID
      net/hns3: fix setting DCB capability
      net/hns3: fix LRO offload to report
      net/hns3: fix crash for NEON and SVE
      doc: fix hns3 build option about max queue number
      doc: update features in hns3 guide
      doc: fix RSS flow description in hns3 guide
      examples/ethtool: fix pause configuration

Ivan Malov (1):
      net/sfc: add missing error code indication to MAE init path

Jiawei Wang (3):
      net/mlx5: fix decap action checking in sample flow
      net/mlx5: fix E-Switch mirror flow rule validation
      net/mlx5: fix validation of sample encap flow action

Jiawen Wu (9):
      net/txgbe: add Tx queue maximum limit
      net/txgbe: fix GRE tunnel packet checksum
      net/ngbe: fix flow control
      net/txgbe: reconfigure MAC Rx when link update
      net/ngbe: reconfigure MAC Rx when link update
      net/txgbe: keep link down after device close
      net/ngbe: keep link down after device close
      net/txgbe: check process type in close operation
      net/ngbe: check process type in close operation

Jie Hai (39):
      net/af_packet: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/af_xdp: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/avp: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/bnx2x: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/bnxt: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/bonding: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/cxgbe: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/dpaa: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/dpaa2: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/e1000: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/ena: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/enetc: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/enic: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/hinic: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/ipn3ke: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/memif: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/mlx4: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/mvneta: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/mvpp2: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/ngbe: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/null: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/octeon_ep: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/pfe: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/ring: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/sfc: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/softnic: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/txgbe: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/vhost: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/virtio: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      net/vmxnet3: fix Rx and Tx queue state
      app/testpmd: fix primary process not polling all queues
      net/hns3: fix typo in function name
      net/hns3: fix some return values
      net/hns3: fix some error logs
      net/hns3: keep set/get algo key functions local
      net/hns3: fix uninitialized hash algo value
      app/procinfo: fix RSS info
      app/procinfo: adjust format of RSS info
      test/bonding: fix uninitialized RSS configuration

Jieqiang Wang (1):
      hash: align SSE lookup to scalar implementation

Joshua Washington (1):
      ethdev: account for smaller MTU when setting default

Juraj Linkeš (1):
      config/arm: fix aarch32 build with GCC 13

Kaiwen Deng (1):
      net/ice: fix TM configuration clearing

Kevin Traynor (3):
      Revert "net/iavf: fix tunnel TSO path selection"
      doc: update versions recommendations for i40e and ice
      Revert "net/iavf: fix abnormal disable HW interrupt"

Kommula Shiva Shankar (1):
      common/cnxk: fix pool buffer size in opaque mode

Long Li (1):
      net/netvsc: increase VSP response timeout to 60 seconds

Long Wu (3):
      test/bonding: remove unreachable statement
      test/bonding: add missing check
      net/bonding: fix possible overrun

Madhuker Mythri (1):
      net/tap: fix RSS for fragmented packets

Martin Weiser (1):
      net/ice: write timestamp to first segment in scattered Rx

Maxime Coquelin (6):
      vhost: fix missing vring call check on virtqueue access
      vhost: fix missing check on virtqueue access
      vhost: fix check on virtqueue access in async registration
      vhost: fix check on virtqueue access in in-flight getter
      net/virtio: fix descriptor addresses in 32-bit build
      vhost: fix missing lock protection in power monitor API

Min Zhou (1):
      test/hash: fix creation error log

Mingjin Ye (1):
      net/ice: fix crash on closing representor ports

Nagadheeraj Rottela (1):
      crypto/nitrox: fix panic with high number of segments

Pavan Nikhilesh (1):
      event/cnxk: fix getwork mode devargs parsing

Qi Zhang (2):
      net/iavf: fix Tx preparation
      net/ice: fix Tx preparation

Qiming Yang (2):
      bus/pci: fix device ID log
      net/ice: fix initial link status

Radu Nicolau (3):
      net/iavf: fix ESN session update
      net/iavf: fix Tx offload mask
      net/iavf: fix Tx offload flags check

Rahul Bhansali (1):
      eventdev/eth_rx: fix timestamp field register in mbuf

Rakesh Kudurumalla (1):
      common/cnxk: fix xstats for different packet sizes

Rongwei Liu (1):
      net/mlx5: fix matcher layout size calculation

Ruifeng Wang (1):
      ethdev: fix 32-bit build with GCC 13

Satheesh Paul (1):
      common/cnxk: fix default flow action setting

Saurabh Singhal (1):
      net/iavf: unregister interrupt handler before FD close

Sivaramakrishnan Venkat (1):
      test/crypto: fix typo in asym tests

Srikanth Yalavarthi (1):
      eal/unix: fix firmware reading with external xz helper

Stephen Hemminger (6):
      random: initialize state for unregistered non-EAL threads
      app/procinfo: remove unnecessary rte_malloc
      app/dumpcap: fix mbuf pool ring type
      meter: fix RFC4115 trTCM API Doxygen
      pdump: fix error number on IPC response
      app/dumpcap: allow multiple invocations

Timothy Miskell (1):
      net/ice: fix L1 check interval

Tomasz Duszynski (1):
      rawdev: fix device class in log message

Tyler Retzlaff (1):
      malloc: remove return from void functions

Viacheslav Galaktionov (2):
      net/sfc: set max Rx packet length for representors
      net/sfc: account for data offset on Tx

Viacheslav Ovsiienko (1):
      net/mlx5: fix multi-segment Tx inline data length

Visa Hankala (1):
      net/bonding: fix header for C++

Vladimir Medvedkin (2):
      fib: fix adding default route overwriting entire table
      fib6: fix adding default route as first route

Weiguo Li (2):
      net/enic: avoid extra unlock in MTU set
      net/sfc: remove null dereference in log

Wenjing Qiao (1):
      net/iavf: fix VLAN offload strip flag

Wenwu Ma (1):
      net/virtio: fix link state interrupt vector setting

Yiding Zhou (1):
      net/iavf: fix port stats clearing

Zhichao Zeng (1):
      net/ice: fix DCF port statistics

* Re: 21.11.6 patches review and test
@ 2023-12-28  3:06 ` YangHang Liu
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: YangHang Liu @ 2023-12-28  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor
  Cc: stable, dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, benjamin.walker,
	David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,
	John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	qian.q.xu, Raslan Darawsheh, Thomas Monjalon, yuan.peng,
	zhaoyan.chen

I tested below 18 scenarios on RHEL9 and didn't find any new dpdk issues.

Guest with device assignment(PF) throughput testing(1G hugepage size): PASS
Guest with device assignment(PF) throughput testing(2M hugepage size) : PASS
Guest with device assignment(VF) throughput testing: PASS
PVP (host dpdk testpmd as vswitch) 1Q: throughput testing: PASS
PVP vhost-user 4Q throughput testing: PASS
PVP vhost-user 2Q throughput testing: PASS
PVP vhost-user 1Q - cross numa node throughput testing: PASS
Guest with vhost-user 2 queues throughput testing: PASS
vhost-user reconnect with dpdk-client, qemu-server qemu reconnect: PASS
vhost-user reconnect with dpdk-client, qemu-server ovs reconnect: PASS
PVP 1Q live migration testing: PASS
PVP 1Q cross numa node live migration testing: PASS
Guest with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 1Q live migration testing: PASS
Guest with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 1Q live migration testing (2M): PASS
Guest with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 2Q live migration testing: PASS
Guest with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 4Q live migration testing: PASS
Host PF + DPDK testing: PASS
Host VF + DPDK testing: PASS

Test Versions:
qemu-kvm-7.2.0
kernel 5.14
# git describe
v21.11.6-rc1

Test device : X540-AT2 NIC(ixgbe, 10G)

@ 2024-01-03 14:43 ` Ali Alnubani
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-01-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, benjamin.walker, David Christensen,
	Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, qian.q.xu,
	Raslan Darawsheh, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu, yuan.peng, zhaoyan.chen

Hello,

We ran the following functional tests with Nvidia hardware on 21.11.6-rc1:
- Basic functionality:
  Send and receive multiple types of traffic.
- testpmd xstats counter test.
- testpmd timestamp test.
- Changing/checking link status through testpmd.
- rte_flow tests (https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/mlx5.html#supported-hardware-offloads)
- RSS tests.
- VLAN filtering, stripping, and insertion tests.
- Checksum and TSO tests.
- ptype tests.
- link_status_interrupt example application tests.
- l3fwd-power example application tests.
- Multi-process example applications tests.
- Hardware LRO tests.
- Regex application tests.
- Buffer Split tests.
- Tx scheduling tests.

Functional tests ran on:
- NIC: ConnectX-6 Dx / OS: Ubuntu 20.04 / Driver: MLNX_OFED_LINUX-23.10-1.1.9.0 / Firmware: 22.39.2048
- NIC: ConnectX-7 / OS: Ubuntu 20.04 / Driver: MLNX_OFED_LINUX-23.10-1.1.9.0 / Firmware: 28.39.2048
- DPU: BlueField-2 / DOCA SW version: 2.5.0 / Firmware: 24.39.2048

Additionally, we ran build tests with multiple configurations on the following OS/driver combinations (all passed):
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with MLNX_OFED_LINUX-23.10-1.1.9.0.
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with rdma-core master (9016f34).
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with rdma-core v28.0.
- Fedora 38 with rdma-core v44.0.
- Fedora 40 (Rawhide) with rdma-core v48.0.
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.5 with rdma-core v42.0.
- Windows Server 2019 with Clang 16.0.6.

We don't see new issues caused by the changes in this release.

Thanks,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.6 patches review and test
@ 2024-01-09  9:41   ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-01-09  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, John McNamara, Luca Boccassi, Raslan Darawsheh,

On 03/01/2024 14:43, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Ali. Will add to the validation notes,
Kevin.

* Re: 21.11.6 patches review and test
@ 2024-01-09  9:48 ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-01-09  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable, John McNamara
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, benjamin.walker,

On 20/12/2023 13:22, Kevin Traynor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 21.11.6.
>
> The planned date for the final release is 12 January.

I have validation reports for Red Hat and Nvidia. Thank you.

Is there any validation results from Intel, or an ETA ?

@ 2024-01-10  1:28   ` Xu, HailinX
From: Xu, HailinX @ 2024-01-10  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable, Mcnamara, John
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, benjamin.walker,
	David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal, Stokes, Ian, Jerin Jacob,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, qian.q.xu,
	Raslan Darawsheh, Thomas Monjalon, yanghliu, yuan.peng,
	zhaoyan.chen

Hi Kevin,

Intel have started testing, I'm sorry for not sent test results. Because some personnel were on vacation before and should be able to produce results this week.
I will send the test report as soon as possible, I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Xu, Hailin

@ 2024-01-10  9:46     ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-01-10  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, HailinX, stable, Mcnamara, John
  Cc: dev, Ali Alnubani, Hemant Agrawal, Stokes, Ian, Jerin Jacob,
	Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Thomas Monjalon, yanghliu

On 10/01/2024 01:28, Xu, HailinX wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Intel have started testing, I'm sorry for not sent test results. Because some personnel were on vacation before and should be able to produce results this week.
> I will send the test report as soon as possible, I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

Hi Hailin,

Thanks for the update. It's no problem, that timeframe is perfectly fine.

If you let me know when the validation is finished and assuming the
results are ok, we can make the release then.

thanks,
Kevin.

> Regards,
> Xu, Hailin

                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-01-15  7:50 ` Xu, HailinX
From: Xu, HailinX @ 2024-01-15  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, benjamin.walker,
	David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal, Stokes, Ian, Jerin Jacob,
	Mcnamara, John, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	qian.q.xu, Raslan Darawsheh, Thomas Monjalon, yanghliu,
	yuan.peng, zhaoyan.chen

Update the test status for Intel part. completed dpdk21.11.6-rc1 all validation. No critical issue is found.

# Basic Intel(R) NIC testing
* Build & CFLAG compile: cover the build test combination with latest GCC/Clang version and the popular OS revision such as
  Ubuntu20.04, Ubuntu22.04, Fedora35, Fedora38, RHEL8.9, RHEL9.2, FreeBSD13.2, SUSE15, CentOS7.9, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* VF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including VF-RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF/VF(ice): test scenarios including Switch features/Package Management/Flow Director/Advanced Tx/Advanced RSS/ACL/DCF/Flexible Descriptor, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Intel NIC single core/NIC performance: test scenarios including PF/VF single core performance test, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* IPsec: test scenarios including ipsec/ipsec-gw/ipsec library basic test - QAT&SW/FIB library, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.

# Basic cryptodev and virtio testing
* Virtio: both function and performance test are covered. Such as PVP/Virtio_loopback/virtio-user loopback/virtio-net VM2VM perf testing/VMAWARE ESXI 8.0, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Cryptodev:
  *Function test: test scenarios including Cryptodev API testing/CompressDev ISA-L/QAT/ZLIB PMD Testing/FIPS, etc.
    - All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
  *Performance test: test scenarios including Thoughput Performance/Cryptodev Latency, etc.