* [dpdk-dev] Performance issues with Mellanox Connectx-3 EN
@ 2015-08-12 23:20 Xiaozhou Li
From: Xiaozhou Li @ 2015-08-12 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi folks,

I am getting performance scalability issues with DPDK on Mellanox Connectx-3
.

Each of our machine has 16 cores and a single-port 40G Mellanox Connectx-3
EN. We find out the server throughput *does not scale* with number of
cores. With a single thread on one core, we can get about 2 Mpps with a
simple echo server implementation. However, the performance number does not
increase as we use more cores. Our implementation is based on the l2fwd
example.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide some insights on what
might be the problem and how can we improve the performance with
Mellanox Connectx-3
EN. Thanks!

Best,
Xiaozhou