* Re: [dpdk-dev] ERROR: Invalid module format
@ 2015-09-28  5:19 Andrew Harvey (agh)
From: Andrew Harvey (agh) @ 2015-09-28  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nguyen Van Long, dev

You problem is caused by compiling against 2 different kernel trees.  The version magic for the module must the same (see below).  If you still have the deploy machine (3.16.0.30) kernel tree accessible to your build machine you can try setting the RTE_KERNELDIR=<path to 3.16.0.30 tree>. This can be set in your environment or on the command line as shown below.  Once the 2 version magic’s match you should be good to go.  You may also want to look at the CROSS variable also if you need to use a different tool chain.

HTH — Andy

# make install T=${RTE_TARGET} RTE_KERNELDIR=<path to 3.16.0.30 tree>

$ modinfo ${RTE_SDK}/${RTE_TARGET}/kmod/igb_uio.ko | grep vermagic
vermagic:       4.1.7-200.fc22.x86_64 SMP mod_unload

@ 2015-09-28  3:27 Nguyen Van Long