DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
Search results ordered by [date|relevance]  view[summary|nested|Atom feed]
						download: 
* [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup
@ 2021-04-12 17:26 13% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  2021-04-12 17:34 15% ` Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-04-12 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, ci, Aaron Conole
  Cc: techboard, Juraj Linkeš,
	Lincoln Lavoie, ferruh.yigit, Tu, Lijuan, nd, nd

Hello,
	I am trying to setup a workgroup to improve DTS. The intention is make it easy for the development community to add test cases while developing new features. There are already few ideas captured in [1].

Few of us (in the CC list) are meeting on 13th April, 8AM to 9AM CST (1:00PM to 2:00PM UTC) to formally kick start the effort and come with some timelines. The meeting will be held at https://meet.jit.si/DPDK.

I kindly request you to join the call and contribute your expertise.

Thanks,
Honnappa

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 13%]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup
  2021-04-12 17:26 13% [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup Honnappa Nagarahalli
@ 2021-04-12 17:34 15% ` Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
  2021-04-12 17:42 15%   ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 17+ results
From: Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran @ 2021-04-12 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Honnappa Nagarahalli, dev, ci, Aaron Conole
  Cc: techboard, Juraj Linkeš,
	Lincoln Lavoie, ferruh.yigit, Tu, Lijuan, nd, nd

Hi Honnappa,

Could you send us a meeting invitation?


________________________________
From: techboard <techboard-bounces@dpdk.org> on behalf of Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:56 PM
To: dev@dpdk.org <dev@dpdk.org>; ci@dpdk.org <ci@dpdk.org>; Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>
Cc: techboard@dpdk.org <techboard@dpdk.org>; Juraj Linkeš <juraj.linkes@pantheon.tech>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>; ferruh.yigit@intel.com <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>; Tu, Lijuan <lijuan.tu@intel.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
Subject: [EXT] [dpdk-techboard] DTS improvement workgroup

External Email

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
        I am trying to setup a workgroup to improve DTS. The intention is make it easy for the development community to add test cases while developing new features. There are already few ideas captured in [1].

Few of us (in the CC list) are meeting on 13th April, 8AM to 9AM CST (1:00PM to 2:00PM UTC) to formally kick start the effort and come with some timelines. The meeting will be held at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__meet.jit.si_DPDK&d=DwIFBA&c=nKjWec2b6R0mOyPaz7xtfQ&r=1DGob4H4rxz6H8uITozGOCa0s5f4wCNtTa4UUKvcsvI&m=Y_oOqXhk9n4ygvBomyyWvnJTlILyJ4X-fWRHGvAij2k&s=vwKEWGrbUD1pCm92xmZkFNsmiUhlDK09r688domrdSE&e= .

I kindly request you to join the call and contribute your expertise.

Thanks,
Honnappa

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 15%]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup
  2021-04-12 17:34 15% ` Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
@ 2021-04-12 17:42 15%   ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-04-12 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jerinj, dev, ci, Aaron Conole
  Cc: techboard, Juraj Linkeš,
	Lincoln Lavoie, ferruh.yigit, Tu, Lijuan, nd, nd

Ok, will send out a meeting notice.

I missed the reference in the earlier mail. Here is the reference.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit#

From: Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran <jerinj@marvell.com>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 12:34 PM
To: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; dev@dpdk.org; ci@dpdk.org; Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>
Cc: techboard@dpdk.org; Juraj Linkeš <juraj.linkes@pantheon.tech>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>; ferruh.yigit@intel.com; Tu, Lijuan <lijuan.tu@intel.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
Subject: Re: DTS improvement workgroup

Hi Honnappa,

Could you send us a meeting invitation?


________________________________
From: techboard <techboard-bounces@dpdk.org<mailto:techboard-bounces@dpdk.org>> on behalf of Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com<mailto:Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:56 PM
To: dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org> <dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>>; ci@dpdk.org<mailto:ci@dpdk.org> <ci@dpdk.org<mailto:ci@dpdk.org>>; Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com<mailto:aconole@redhat.com>>
Cc: techboard@dpdk.org<mailto:techboard@dpdk.org> <techboard@dpdk.org<mailto:techboard@dpdk.org>>; Juraj Linkeš <juraj.linkes@pantheon.tech<mailto:juraj.linkes@pantheon.tech>>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu<mailto:lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>>; ferruh.yigit@intel.com<mailto:ferruh.yigit@intel.com> <ferruh.yigit@intel.com<mailto:ferruh.yigit@intel.com>>; Tu, Lijuan <lijuan.tu@intel.com<mailto:lijuan.tu@intel.com>>; nd <nd@arm.com<mailto:nd@arm.com>>; nd <nd@arm.com<mailto:nd@arm.com>>
Subject: [EXT] [dpdk-techboard] DTS improvement workgroup

External Email

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
        I am trying to setup a workgroup to improve DTS. The intention is make it easy for the development community to add test cases while developing new features. There are already few ideas captured in [1].

Few of us (in the CC list) are meeting on 13th April, 8AM to 9AM CST (1:00PM to 2:00PM UTC) to formally kick start the effort and come with some timelines. The meeting will be held at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__meet.jit.si_DPDK&d=DwIFBA&c=nKjWec2b6R0mOyPaz7xtfQ&r=1DGob4H4rxz6H8uITozGOCa0s5f4wCNtTa4UUKvcsvI&m=Y_oOqXhk9n4ygvBomyyWvnJTlILyJ4X-fWRHGvAij2k&s=vwKEWGrbUD1pCm92xmZkFNsmiUhlDK09r688domrdSE&e= .

I kindly request you to join the call and contribute your expertise.

Thanks,
Honnappa

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 15%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup meeting
@ 2021-04-12 17:51 13% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-04-12 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, ci, Aaron Conole, techboard, Juraj Linkeš,
	Lincoln Lavoie, ferruh.yigit, Tu, Lijuan, jerinj
  Cc: nd, nd

Hello,
        I am trying to setup a workgroup to improve DTS. The intention is make it easy for the development community to add test cases while developing new features. Suggestion for the agenda items:

1) Agree upon the goal for the working group
2) Discuss timelines
3) Next steps (any recurring meetings? Or when do we meet next?)

Thanks,
Honnappa

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 13%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/28/2021
@ 2021-05-11 20:15 14% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-05-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, juraj.linkes; +Cc: nd, nd

Hello,
	I plan to send out the MoM for the DTS workgroup meetings. Please feel free to add or correct anything that I might have missed. The minutes will be short as most of the discussion is being captured in the google doc [1].

Thank you,
Honnappa

Attendees:
Aaron Conole
Daniel Martin Buckley
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Jerin Jacob
Juraj Linkes
Lijuan Tu
Lincoln Lavoie
Thomas Monjalon
Zhaoyan Chen

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) The goal is to debate and triage the current list of items into 2 categories
	a) Must-have: Items that need to be resolved before DTS test case addition is made mandatory
	b) Good-to-have: Items that can be resolved on an on-going basis
2) Along with the triaging, an estimation of the effort is required to arrive at timelines

3) Action Item: Juraj Linkes - Understand and discuss the patches that DTS applies on DPDK in the next call.

4) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 14%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/12/2021
@ 2021-05-19  5:02 10% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-05-19  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, juraj.linkes, Lijuan Tu; +Cc: nd

Attendees:
Aaron Conole
Daniel Martin Buckley
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Thomas Monjalon
Lijuan Tu
Juraj Linkes
Lincoln Lavoie
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:

1) Action items from the meeting held on 4/28
	a) Juraj Linkes - Understand and discuss the patches that DTS applies on DPDK in the next call.
               	app/test-pmd/macfwd.c - a printf statement, can be provided by test-pmd 'show fdwstats' command.
	              fm10K - Might not be used anymore
	              ABI patch is not used in DTS - Documentation needs to be updated.
		Many of the test cases use sed scripts to modify the code. These need to be explored further.

2) Agreed to create two lists of test cases - i) reviewed by DTS working group ii) non-reviewed test cases. This will help in introducing the test cases in stages without having to review the entire list.

3) Agreed to set up the meeting for the next 4 weeks.

4) Action Items
Honnappa - Validate test-pmd to make sure the mac-fwd printf statement output is available in 'show fwd stats'
Lijuan Tu - Check if the fm10K test case is still valid
Juraj Linkes - Explore the code modified using sed commands in various test cases.

5) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]


[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 10%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/19/2021
@ 2021-05-26  5:47 11% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-05-26  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev, Aaron Conole, thomas, Lijuan Tu, Juraj Linkeš,
	Lincoln Lavoie
  Cc: nd, nd

Attendees:

Aaron Conole

Honnappa Nagarahalli

Thomas Monjalon

Lijuan Tu

Juraj Linkes

Lincoln Lavoie



The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>.



Minutes:

Review action items from 5/12/2021

1) fm10K test cases can be removed. Intel DTS team will have a patch to remove them.

2) We need to provide time to the community to get feedback before making it mandatory. The tentative timeline end of 21.08  - release to developers and receive feedback till 21.11. Need time to fix any issues reported by developers. Make it mandatory after fixing the issues (time line will be decided depending on the issues)

3) Create a dts-next branch to start working on the issues we are identifying in this work group

4) In the future DTS will have a branch/tag for every DPDK release. Backporting rules will be the same as the ones followed for DPDK.
5) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]



Action items:

Honnappa - Validate test-pmd to make sure the mac-fwd printf statement output is available in 'show fwd stats'

Lijuan Tu - dts-next branch already exists. Merge the master to dts-next.

Juraj - 1) Create a list of test cases using sed scripts. Need to identify the work items from this list.

            2) Create a ticket in DTS Bugzilla to fix the IAVF enablement in the framework.

Thomas - Request LF to add a link on DTS bugs in the DTS links under hosted projects



[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 11%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/26/2021
@ 2021-06-02  6:17 11% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-06-02  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Lo, Ashwin Sekhar Thalakalath Kottilveetil, Tu, Lijuan,
	Juraj Linkeš,
	Owen Hilyard, dev
  Cc: nd, nd

Attendees:
Ashwin Shekar
Brandon Lo
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Lijuan Tu
Juraj Linkes
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.
Minutes:
Review action items from 5/19/2021
1) Test-pmd investigation under progress. Patch does not apply with git. Need to use 'patch' command.
2) DTS master is merged to dts-next (Thanks Lijuan)
3) Compiling the list is under progress. The excel sheet will capture the test cases along with the classes, diff if possible. This work is getting captured at [2]
4) DTS Bugzilla to fix the IAVF enablement in the framework is created [3], Lijuan will get the ticket fixed.
5) LF has added a link on DTS bugs in the DTS links under hosted projects
6) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7x4ecPiRXNKOrOy0the5WyGSWbdMxPLK7aWbuWI4ew/edit#gid=880561943
[3] https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=715

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 11%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/02/2021
@ 2021-06-02 14:21  9% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-06-02 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Conole, Buckley, Daniel M, Honnappa Nagarahalli,
	Juraj Linkeš,
	Tu, Lijuan, Lincoln Lavoie, dev, Honnappa Nagarahalli
  Cc: nd, nd

Attendees:
Aaron Conole
Daniel Martin Buckley
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Juraj Linkes
Lijuan Tu
Lincoln Lavoie

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) Juraj has completed creating the excel sheet identifying the test cases that modify the code [2].
2) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

Action Items:
1) Capture the link to the excel sheet [2] that identifies the test cases modifying the DPDK code in the DTS doc - Honnappa
2) Take a look at Juraj's document [2] and discuss how to handle these items in the next meeting - All
3) Add 4 more weeks of meetings - Honnappa

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7x4ecPiRXNKOrOy0the5WyGSWbdMxPLK7aWbuWI4ew/edit#gid=880561943

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 9%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
@ 2021-06-16  5:30  7% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  2021-06-16  5:36  9% ` Tu, Lijuan
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-06-16  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Conole, Lijuan Tu, Lincoln Lavoie, Owen Hilyard, dev, dts
  Cc: nd, Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

Attendees:
Aaron Conole
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Lijuan Tu
Lincoln Lavoie
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

Action Items:
1) Review [2] and understand how the code changes can be removed. Categorize the code changes into
	a) We could create a bug report against DPDK if it makes sense to change DPDK (for ex: enhance testpmd to provide additional info)
	b) The test case might be testing something for which an API might not exist. Decide if a new API is required in DPDK.
	c) If the test case is not valid, decide to remove the test case - Lijuan Tu

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7x4ecPiRXNKOrOy0the5WyGSWbdMxPLK7aWbuWI4ew/edit#gid=880561943

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 7%]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
  2021-06-16  5:30  7% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
@ 2021-06-16  5:36  9% ` Tu, Lijuan
  2021-06-16  6:57  7%   ` Juraj Linkeš
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 17+ results
From: Tu, Lijuan @ 2021-06-16  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Honnappa Nagarahalli, Aaron Conole, Lincoln Lavoie, Owen Hilyard,
	dev, dts
  Cc: nd, nd

Hi Honnappa,

I can't edit the file "DTS DPDK modifications", could you give me access?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>
> Sent: 2021年6月16日 13:30
> To: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>; Tu, Lijuan <lijuan.tu@intel.com>;
> Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>; Owen Hilyard
> <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; dev@dpdk.org; dts@dpdk.org
> Cc: nd <nd@arm.com>; Honnappa Nagarahalli
> <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
> 
> Attendees:
> Aaron Conole
> Honnappa Nagarahalli
> Lijuan Tu
> Lincoln Lavoie
> Owen Hilyard
> 
> The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.
> 
> Minutes:
> 1) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]
> 
> Action Items:
> 1) Review [2] and understand how the code changes can be removed.
> Categorize the code changes into
> 	a) We could create a bug report against DPDK if it makes sense to
> change DPDK (for ex: enhance testpmd to provide additional info)
> 	b) The test case might be testing something for which an API might
> not exist. Decide if a new API is required in DPDK.
> 	c) If the test case is not valid, decide to remove the test case - Lijuan
> Tu
> 
> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-
> qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing
> [2]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7x4ecPiRXNKOrOy0the5WyGSWb
> dMxPLK7aWbuWI4ew/edit#gid=880561943

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 9%]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
  2021-06-16  5:36  9% ` Tu, Lijuan
@ 2021-06-16  6:57  7%   ` Juraj Linkeš
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Juraj Linkeš @ 2021-06-16  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tu, Lijuan, Honnappa Nagarahalli, Aaron Conole, Lincoln Lavoie,
	Owen Hilyard, dev, dts
  Cc: nd, nd

Hi Lijuan,

I've given you the permissions, can you try now?

Juraj

> -----Original Message-----
> From: dts <dts-bounces@dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Tu, Lijuan
> Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:37 AM
> To: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; Aaron Conole
> <aconole@redhat.com>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>; Owen Hilyard
> <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; dev@dpdk.org; dts@dpdk.org
> Cc: nd <nd@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: Re: [dts] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
> 
> Hi Honnappa,
> 
> I can't edit the file "DTS DPDK modifications", could you give me access?
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>
> > Sent: 2021年6月16日 13:30
> > To: Aaron Conole <aconole@redhat.com>; Tu, Lijuan
> > <lijuan.tu@intel.com>; Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>; Owen
> > Hilyard <ohilyard@iol.unh.edu>; dev@dpdk.org; dts@dpdk.org
> > Cc: nd <nd@arm.com>; Honnappa Nagarahalli
> > <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
> > Subject: DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021
> >
> > Attendees:
> > Aaron Conole
> > Honnappa Nagarahalli
> > Lijuan Tu
> > Lincoln Lavoie
> > Owen Hilyard
> >
> > The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.
> >
> > Minutes:
> > 1) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]
> >
> > Action Items:
> > 1) Review [2] and understand how the code changes can be removed.
> > Categorize the code changes into
> > 	a) We could create a bug report against DPDK if it makes sense to
> > change DPDK (for ex: enhance testpmd to provide additional info)
> > 	b) The test case might be testing something for which an API might
> > not exist. Decide if a new API is required in DPDK.
> > 	c) If the test case is not valid, decide to remove the test case -
> > Lijuan Tu
> >
> > [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-
> > qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing
> > [2]
> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7x4ecPiRXNKOrOy0the5WyGSWb
> > dMxPLK7aWbuWI4ew/edit#gid=880561943


^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 7%]

* [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-06-30
@ 2021-07-14 15:11  6% Aaron Conole
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Aaron Conole @ 2021-07-14 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: techboard, dev

Attendees
---------
* Aaron
* Bruce
* Ferruh
* Hemant
* Honnappa
* Jerin
* Kevin
* Konstantin
* Lincoln Lavioe (UNH representative)
* Maxime
* Olivier
* Stephen
* Thomas

NOTE: The technical board meets every second Wednesday at
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.

NOTE: Additional follow up for ABI scheduled 2021-07-02

* intro
** updated agenda
*** added temp. gov board rep - aaron chosen (Thomas)
*** added next-net survey (Ferruh)
*** added security process (Maxime)

* Temp governing board membership
** Honnappa will be on PTO for the next Gov. Board meeting
** Decision to have Aaron present at the governing board

* Discussion about API for clang / gcc builtins (Honnappa)
** shemminger: MSFT doesn't have support for atomic builtins
** thomas: need to know what the effort looks like for compatibility
** thomas: 3 options to vote for atomics
*** OPT1 - continue using gcc builtins
*** OPT2 - a wrapper at compile time that can be done in future
*** OPT3 - do mass renames / wrapping now with internal implementations
*** OPT4 - create a wrapper that clones gcc built-ins instead
**** Not a good option because it could clash with external project that links in
     stdatomic vs builtin
*** shemminger: only available in c++
** Tabled for more discussion - Honnappa to follow up via tech board mailing list

* IOL
** Ask governing board about coverity license for coverity desktop
** First cut tools, cppcheck, scan-build, flawfinder
** Daily sub-tree reporting for merging, for now dashboard
** Single release report as well - Lincoln to capture as a story
** DTS workgroup for virtio
** question for techboard - is compression testing a priority?

* API / ABI discussion
*** Meeting setup for Fri, Jul 02, 2021


^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 6%]

* [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-06-16
@ 2021-07-14 15:15  8% Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2021-07-14 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: techboard

Members Attending: 12/12
	- Aaron Conole
	- Bruce Richardson
	- Ferruh Yigit
	- Hemant Agrawal
	- Honnappa Nagarahalli
	- Jerin Jacob
	- Kevin Traynor
	- Konstantin Ananyev
	- Maxime Coquelin
	- Olivier Matz
	- Stephen Hemminger
	- Thomas Monjalon (Chair)

NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday
on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
Agenda and minutes can be found at http://core.dpdk.org/techboard/minutes

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-06-30 @3pm UTC,
and will be chaired by Aaron.


1/ DTS workgroup

A group is working on DTS (DPDK Test Suite) feedbacks
with the target of making DTS test mandatory for new features,
starting with 22.05.

The tests are being listed in 2 categories: reviewed / non-reviewed
so it does not block DTS development while introducing some new policies.

There are many questions like how to manage DPDK code and DTS tests
in separate repositories? What is the scope of DTS?
How to manage limited HW availability?

Working document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM
Emails:
https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/?q=DTS+Workgroup


2/ UNH report

There is a document of Community Lab updates to read carefully:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v0VKtZdsMXg35WNDawdsnqj5J4Xl9Egu_4180ukKD2o

The report will be discussed during the next techboard meeting.


3/ IRC network

It seems freenode is not a trusted/working IRC network anymore.
We need to choose a new place for quick discussions.
OFTC is an old trusted network, Libera.Chat is in continuation of freenode.
Libera.Chat is chosen to be the network used by the DPDK community.
Our default channel is #DPDK.


4/ CVE

The vulnerabilities are better managed since Cheng Jiang joined the effort.
Thanks to him.


5/ techboard policies

There is document in progress to better define the techboard policies:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Al9-DPJSn7kXgEF3nhbp-srb_IMUU_T_wEWqugw4vtA

We will try to get an agreement in mid-July meeting.


6/ ABI

Ray, Bruce, Ferruh and Thomas worked on a plan to improve the ABI stability
with the objective of extending the compatibility period to 2 years:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kju9FxBj3zR_hezErzitaatUrtdBsgL0iAlE05QNpck

After discussing the status and the focus of next improvements,
it has been decided to share a spreadsheet for volunteering:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1betlC000ua5SsSiJIcC54mCCCJnW6voH5Dqv9UxeyfE

The objective should be discussed in details during the next meeting.



^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 8%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 07/14/2021
@ 2021-07-18  5:44  7% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-07-18  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Lo, Honnappa Nagarahalli, juraj.linkes, Lijuan Tu,
	Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie
  Cc: Aaron Conole, dev, nd, Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

Attendees:
Brandon Lo
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Juraj Linkes
Lijuan Tu
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

Action Items:
1) Identify test cases that do not use testpmd - Lijuan Tu
2) Categorize such test cases into: - Owen, Juraj, Lijuan
	a) Test cases that can be moved to testpmd without any changes to testpmd
	b) Test cases that can be moved to testpmd with minor changes to testpmd
	c) Test cases that cannot be moved to testpmd (such as cryptodev test cases) with 
	d) Capture the amount of effort assuming that all these test cases need to move to testpmd

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 7%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 08/03/2021
@ 2021-08-11  3:40 11% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-08-11  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Lo, Honnappa Nagarahalli, juraj.linkes, Lijuan Tu,
	Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie, Aaron Conole
  Cc: dev, nd, nd

Attendees:
Aaron Conole
Brandon Lo
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Juraj Linkes
Lijuan Tu
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) Move DTS to follow standard python practices of organizing the project. This will be done after the 21.08 release. A write-up would be sent out to the community describing the change to ensure everyone is aware and can raise issues.
2) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

Action Items:
1) Write a script that will output the testcases based on the files that are modified in the patch - Owen
2) Identify a set of test cases (based on the HW setup at Intel lab) to run for every patch - Lijuan
    The union of the test cases from above two action items will run as DTS CI.
3) Possibility of hosting the DTS CI at UNH - Owen and Lincoln
4a) Send out a write up to the community to move DTS to follow standard python project format - Owen
4b) Create a patch once there is conclusion in the community on Owen's proposal - Juraj

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 11%]

* [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 08/11/2021
@ 2021-08-11 21:19 14% Honnappa Nagarahalli
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 17+ results
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2021-08-11 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Lo, Honnappa Nagarahalli, juraj.linkes, Lijuan Tu,
	Owen Hilyard, Lincoln Lavoie, Aaron Conole
  Cc: dev, nd, nd

Attendees:
Brandon Lo
Honnappa Nagarahalli
Juraj Linkes
Lincoln Lavoie
Lijuan Tu
Owen Hilyard

The meeting announcements are sent to dev@dpdk.org.

Minutes:
1) Close to completing the triaging/discussions. Hopefully, we will be able to complete it in the next couple of weeks.
2) The work item related discussions are captured in [1]

Action Items:
1) Send a patch addressing black formatter issues - Owen
2) Inform the community of the tools for static analysis the DTS workgroup has chosen - Owen
3) Add a config for Pylama so that everyone uses the same configurations - Owen
4) Generate a patch to fix the errors from Pylama - Juraj
5) Rename the HEAD of the DTS repo to main from master - Lijuan

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit?usp=sharing

^ permalink raw reply	[relevance 14%]

Results 1-17 of 17 | reverse
2021-04-12 17:26 13% [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-04-12 17:34 15% ` Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
2021-04-12 17:42 15%   ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-04-12 17:51 13% [dpdk-dev] DTS improvement workgroup meeting Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-05-11 20:15 14% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/28/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-05-19  5:02 10% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/12/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-05-26  5:47 11% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/19/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-06-02  6:17 11% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 05/26/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-06-02 14:21  9% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/02/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-06-16  5:30  7% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 06/09/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-06-16  5:36  9% ` Tu, Lijuan
2021-06-16  6:57  7%   ` Juraj Linkeš
2021-07-14 15:11  6% [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-06-30 Aaron Conole
2021-07-14 15:15  8% [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-06-16 Thomas Monjalon
2021-07-18  5:44  7% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 07/14/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-08-11  3:40 11% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 08/03/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli
2021-08-11 21:19 14% [dpdk-dev] DTS Workgroup: MoM 08/11/2021 Honnappa Nagarahalli

DPDK patches and discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
		dev@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dev

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git