* [dpdk-dev] A question about the macro "RTE_ETH_IS_IPV4_HDR" used in the example l3fwd-acl
@ 2017-01-19 21:38 Wu, Xiaoban
From: Wu, Xiaoban @ 2017-01-19 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Dear DPDK users,

I am working on the l3fwd-acl example http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/sample_app_ug/l3_forward_access_ctrl.html.

I just find that the macro "RTE_ETH_IS_IPV4_HDR" used on line 699 and 752 of the main.c rejected all the normal UDP packets.

Hence, I want to know if the PMD driver is required to parse the packet and update the "packet_type" field in the "struct rte_mbuf" whenever the packet is received?

If the answer is yes, then the PMD "librte_pmd_mlx5" seems to fail to do so, since all the packet_type I got are all zero which are not the required 0x00000010.

If the answer is no, then there would be better some warning on the webpage.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Xiaoban

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-01-19 21:38 UTC | newest]