From: "Lin, Xueqin" <xueqin.lin@intel.com>
To: David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
Cc: Jerin Jacob <jerinjacobk@gmail.com>,
	"Peng, ZhihongX" <zhihongx.peng@intel.com>,
	"Burakov, Anatoly" <anatoly.burakov@intel.com>,
	"Ananyev, Konstantin" <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>,
	dpdk-dev <dev@dpdk.org>, "Chen, Zhaoyan" <zhaoyan.chen@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [RFC v2] porting AddressSanitizer feature to DPDK
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 03:26:45 +0000	[thread overview]

Our lab WIP to run regression test with enabling Asan tool build, already reported dozens of issues by Asan tool, continue for unit test and issue resolve.

> Merging these annotations will help catch more issues.
> But users will hit the current issues that we must fix first.

Yeah, it is a powerful tool that could help to catch more issues and error log print, happy that more guys found this tool value and working on this.
So it is important and meaningful if this tool code could merge.
These issues only captured when enable Asan tool build, without the tool, not impact current test, also this tool is not supported before.
We are trying our best and WIP to do regression test based on our all of current regression test cases, capture issues and check.
Some resolved issue patches for Asan detected have been merged, and found that some of issues we captured are same to UNH captured.
But we can't cover all, once the code merge, more users could guarantee if their code or module have memory issue, and supply solution for issue fix.