* [dpdk-dev] Clarification on RTE Flow action
       [not found] <BYAPR18MB2392B1155CF16B73906427FAAC870@BYAPR18MB2392.namprd18.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2019-09-25 10:32 ` Kiran Kumar Kokkilagadda
From: Kiran Kumar Kokkilagadda @ 2019-09-25 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Ferruh Yigit, arybchenko, Adrien Mazarguil; +Cc: dev

Hi,
    We have the following use case and need clarification on which RTE Flow action suits the requirement (ACTION_VF and ACTION_PORT_ID, ..).

We have 2 PF's (pf0, pf1) and corresponding VF's (pf0_vf0 , pf1_vf0). And we have 3 applications running.
1st application on pf0 and pf1
2nd application on pf0_vf0
3rd application on pf1_vf0.

We want to direct the traffic matching condition1 from application 1 (traffic  from both pf0 & pf1) needs to send to  application 2 (pf0_vf0)
And matching condition2 from application 1 (traffic from both pf0 & pf1) needs to send to application 3 (pf1_vf0).

To summarize, we need to send traffic from pf0 to pf1_vf0 and traffic from pf1 to pf0_vf0.
If we use ACTION_VF, it is not possible to send the traffic across PF.
If we use ACTION_PORT_ID and if we have multiple applications running, then port id starts with 0 on multiple applications. So, we can't use it.

So, is there any other action we can use to accommodate this behavior? Or can we add new action ?
And if we don't want to add new action, is there any suggestion on how to handle this case?

Thanks,
Kiran Kumar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-25 10:32 UTC | newest]