* [dpdk-dev] Why rte_eal_ivshmem_obj_initd() does not add memory pools to rte_mempool_tailq list?
@ 2015-10-15 16:45 Mauricio Vásquez
From: Mauricio Vásquez @ 2015-10-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Dear DPDK community,

Some time ago I was trying to map a memory pool into a guest using IVSHMEM
as described here:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/17779

After some time I decided to review the code of eal_ivshmem.c, I noticed
that in the function rte_eal_ivshmem_obj_init the rings are added to the
rte_ring_tailq list, but for memory pools there is not a similar procedure.
My question is why it does not exist such procedure? Is there any reason or
is it just missing?

If it is just missing I could propose a implementation for it,

Thank you very much for your attention,

Mauricio Vásquez