* [dpdk-dev] pkg-config .pc file for dpdk
@ 2015-11-03 13:34 Nicholas Brown
From: Nicholas Brown @ 2015-11-03 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I've found a couple of mentions of this in the past:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-January/001136.html
(discussing having to dpdk app makefiles and having to pass defines as
compiler args)
and:
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/4263/
(discussing providing a .pc for apps to use)

Is anyone working on having dpdk generate a pkg-config .pc file?

For the project I work on, using autotools, to be able to easily use the
PKG_CHECK_MODULES() macro I hacked a simple static .pc file that met my
needs:

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: dpdk
Version: 2.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -ldpdk
Cflags: -I${includedir}/dpdk -include
$dpdk_prefix/include/dpdk/rte_config.h -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE2 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE3
-DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3
-DRTE_COMPILE_TIME_CPUFLAGS=RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE2
,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE3,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3 -m64 -march=core2

Clearly this not ideal, and it would be better if dpdk generated and
installed a .pc file based build configuration used to generate the
library.

Anyone familiar with dpdk makefiles who can detail what might be needed
to generate the .pc from them?

Cheers,
Nick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-11-03 13:34 UTC | newest]