* [dpdk-dev] newbie dpdk linux interfaces clarification
@ 2015-09-28 20:12 Pedro Sousa
From: Pedro Sousa @ 2015-09-28 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

I'm looking at dpdk the first time, so I would like someone could clarify
me a little more about it.

I'm using a KVM Virtualized Guest that runs CentOS 7.1. I'm using SRIOV
with bnx2x driver. When I bind my interface, as you can see below, to DPKD
Driver igb_uio, I lose the interface control in linux.

My question is:

- Can use it normally on the operating system and how this is done?

- Can I use it only on my app? And if so, how do I bind an ip from this
dpdk interface to my app?

*# ./dpdk_nic_bind.py --status*

*Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver*
*0000:00:08.0 'NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet Virtual Function'
drv=igb_uio unused=vfio-pci,uio_pci_generic*

*Network devices using kernel driver*
*0000:00:07.0 'NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet Virtual Function'
if=ens7 drv=bnx2x unused=igb_uio,vfio-pci,uio_pci_generic *Active**

Thank you,
Pedro Sousa