* [dpdk-dev] DPDK hugepage memory fragmentation
@ 2020-07-10  9:22 Kamaraj P
From: Kamaraj P @ 2020-07-10  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Burakov, Anatoly

Hello All,

We are running to run DPDK based application in a container mode,
When we do multiple start/stop of our container application, the DPDK
initialization seems to be failing.
This is because the hugepage memory fragementated and is not able to find
the continuous allocation of the memory to initialize the buffer in the
dpdk init.

As part of the cleanup of the container, we do call rte_eal_cleanup() to
cleanup the memory w.r.t our application. However after iterations we still
see the memory allocation failure due to the fragmentation issue.

We also tried to set the "--huge-unlink" as an argument before when we
called the rte_eal_init() and it did not help.

Could you please suggest if there is an option or any existing patches
available to clean up the memory to avoid fragmentation issues in the
future.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Kamaraj