* [dpdk-dev] FlowDirector Rules for TX packets
@ 2015-03-27 10:43 Gal Sagie
From: Gal Sagie @ 2015-03-27 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: <dev@dpdk.org>

Hello All,

I can define drop filter rules for RX packets using FlowDirector.
Support for configuring this from CLI is also available using ethtool with
the --config-ntuple option

I am wondering, does FlowDirector has any support to drop TX packets?
(Meaning that i can define rules which are if matched in the TX side will
not send the packets out)

At least from ethtool it doesn't seems like this is supported..
Any idea?

Thanks
Gal.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] FlowDirector Rules for TX packets
@ 2015-03-27 14:20 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2015-03-27 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gal Sagie, <dev@dpdk.org>

Hi Gal,

No, flow director is just an RX-side packet filtering NIC feature.

Regards,
Cristian

@ 2015-03-27 14:36   ` Gal Sagie
From: Gal Sagie @ 2015-03-27 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dumitrescu, Cristian; +Cc: <dev@dpdk.org>

Thanks for the answer Cristian,

Is there any TX-side packet filtering feature? (or one planned)
(I do think it make sense in virtualised environments)

Thanks
Gal.

--
Best Regards ,