* [dpdk-dev] igb claiming device.
@ 2014-12-17  5:32 ratheesh kannoth
From: ratheesh kannoth @ 2014-12-17  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi list,

I have enic driver compiled as part of kernel. when the system comes
up, it detects all the 4 vnics in mysystem ( say eth0, eth1, eth2,
eth3).  I am removing eth1, eth2 and eth3 thru sysfs remove entry (
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/sysfs-pci.txt ).

1.After that i could see that  "lspci -s 06:0.0 -vvv" doesnot list
"Kernel driver in use: enic" line. But still /proc/iomem shows the bar
resources mapped. My understanding is that kicking out the device
should do a undo on ioremap done by the driver on the memory ?

2. when i load the igb_uio.ko ( dpdk driver ),  i could see all the
interfaces' ( eth1 , eth2 and eth3) lspci shows   Kernel driver in
use: igb_uio. But i want to have dpdk only on eth1 driver. How can i
do that ? is there any  problem due to claiming of eth2 and eth3 by
igb_uio ?

Thanks,
Ratheesh

* Re: [dpdk-dev] igb claiming device.
@ 2014-12-17  6:09 ` ratheesh kannoth
From: ratheesh kannoth @ 2014-12-17  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I used unbind option...not remove. Still i face this problem