From: Victor Huertas <vhuertas@gmail.com>
To: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Fwd:  Proposal to add a new toolchain for dpdk: g++
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:10:44 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Neil,

Well, the thing is that I wanted to keep on using g++ as compiling tool
(and reduce impact on my original develoment environment). My source code
is composed by *.cpp extension files I decided to modify the dpdk makefiles
to accept such extension as well as disable some -W flags that are not used
by g++.

As I have already done the work I just wanted to let you know if DPDK
people was open to introduce this slight modifications and add the
possibility to use g++ instead of icc (Intel's compiler).

By the way, I had published another issue (on dpdk-users) in which I was
wondering on a strange problem I have seen in the "ip pipeline" DPDK
example, related to a high latency problem when using software rings
between two pipelines running in the same core id. However I have received
no answer and this issue is something that worries me a lot as this
behavior is not acceptable at all in my application (which is based on this
ip pipieline example). Would you mind if I rewrite it in this dpdk-dev
thread to see if we can shed a light on this?

Regards and thanks for your quick answer,

--
Victor

--
Victor