* [dpdk-dev] DPDK port for vcpkg
@ 2019-02-27 21:39 Ernest Zed
From: Ernest Zed @ 2019-02-27 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,
I've submitted a PR <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/pull/5388> to vcpkg
<https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg>
vcpkg overview:
"Vcpkg helps you manage C and C++ libraries on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
This tool and ecosystem are constantly evolving; your involvement is vital
to its success!"
In short, the `port` contains CMake wrapper on top of original DPDK which
cloned from github. The `port` invokes native DPDK build system (after
checking dependencies) builds, installs and exports all necessary
libs/headers. So the end user dont have to know the internals and
prerequisites of DPDK to start using it. Once the `./vcpkg install dpdk` is
invoked your local cmake becomes aware of the new library and thats it, go
ahead, start working :)

Now, what I need is your attention to the build arguments I pass. Please
review the PR and see if any refinement is needed to build the DPDK
properly.
The CMake file which invokes the build
https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/pull/5388/commits/4943d24817b6c28d8eb012923445b0200e0a2abe#diff-37ba6f3b75f1a77e6d44c8c546abaa8f

Please pay special attention to the DPDK_TARGET, DPDK_CONFIG and
DPDK_CFLAGS variables. Not sure I get everything right.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated!

Sincerely,
Ernest

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-02-27 21:39 UTC | newest]