* [dpdk-dev] Intel DPDK: exception_path:RTE_ARCH
@ 2014-07-02  9:48 sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-07-02  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello!

I started playing Intel DPDK example. I used to compile exception_path
code.
When I do make command "make", I got an error,

RTE_ARCH is not set. So I set the variable via terminal bash using

export RTE_ARCH=x86_64

Stilll it is not working. Any wrong anywhere?

Thanks for your reponse.

Best regards
Sothy

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Intel DPDK: exception_path:RTE_ARCH
@ 2014-07-02  9:56 ` Alex Markuze
From: Alex Markuze @ 2014-07-02  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sothy shan; +Cc: dev

You need, to define the following variables before compiling, please refer
to the DPDK documentation.

export RTE_TARGET=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc

export RTE_SDK=/home/user/dpdk

@ 2014-07-02 10:00   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-07-02 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sothy shan; +Cc: dev

2014-07-02 12:56, Alex Markuze:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM, sothy shan <sothy.e98@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I started playing Intel DPDK example. I used to compile exception_path
> > code.
> > When I do make command "make", I got an error,
> >
> > RTE_ARCH is not set. So I set the variable via terminal bash using
> >
> > export RTE_ARCH=x86_64
> >
> > Stilll it is not working. Any wrong anywhere?
>
> You need, to define the following variables before compiling, please refer
> to the DPDK documentation.
>
> export RTE_TARGET=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
>
> export RTE_SDK=/home/user/dpdk

You can also try to build all examples with these commands:
	RTE_TARGET=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
	make T=$RTE_TARGET install
	make T=$RTE_TARGET examples O=$RTE_TARGET/examples

(with DPDK >= 1.7)

--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Intel DPDK: exception_path:RTE_ARCH
@ 2014-07-02 10:04     ` sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-07-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

@ 2014-07-02 12:24   ` sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-07-02 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Markuze; +Cc: dev

I followed and error is there again.
See more description here: make didnot worked. I still use 1.6. :-)

cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~$ ${RTE_SDK}
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~$ ${RTE_TARGET}
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~$ export RTE_SDK=/home/cubiq/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~$ export RTE_TARGET=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~$ cd ${RTE_SDK}
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2$ cd examples/exception_path/
cubiq@WKS-LNX-006:~/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2/examples/exception_path$ make
/home/cubiq/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2/mk/rte.extvars.mk:71:
/home/cubiq/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/.config: Aucun
fichier ou dossier de ce type
/home/cubiq/sothy/dpdk-1.6.0r2/mk/rte.vars.mk:99: *** RTE_ARCH is not
defined. Arrêt.

@ 2014-07-02 14:19       ` sothy shan
From: sothy shan @ 2014-07-02 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev