* [dpdk-dev] I40E VF nullptr Dreference: rx_mbuf_alloc_failed
       [not found] ` <CAHzKxpapMXtLf-SUFdekoKRDTyNtgsZqsKS-6QGkB30_6psGng@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-02-02 16:56   ` Stefan Baranoff
From: Stefan Baranoff @ 2018-02-02 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

All,

I was unclear if this should be usage or dev but it seemed like a dev issue
to me.

I'm on DPDK 16.11.2 (CentOS packages) using the I40EVF driver and in the
case of rx_mbuf_alloc_failed there is a null pointer dereference in
drivers/net/i40e/i40e_rxtx.c line 830. The variable 'dev' is null.

Looking at it right after initializing the port/queues it appears the
source of that variable
((struct i40e_rx_queue*)rte_eth_devices[0].data->rx_queues[0])->vsi->
adapter->eth_dev
is null as well. I couldn't find anywhere in the code base that initialized
that variable.

What am I missing/not doing right? Where is eth_dev supposed to be
initialized and is that just missing or is vsi->adapter->eth_dev the wrong
structure to be using in the rx_mbuf_alloc_failed case?

Thanks,
Stefan

* [dpdk-dev] I40E VF nullptr Dreference: rx_mbuf_alloc_failed
@ 2018-02-01 21:45 Stefan Baranoff