* [dpdk-dev] How to Destroy any rte_ring or recreate the ring with same name.
@ 2014-01-10 12:33 ankit kumar
From: ankit kumar @ 2014-01-10 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

   As i am trying to use DPDK ring library in my application. It works fine.
But as per API Documentation there is no function to destroy any
created ring. I have to create a
ring multiple time with same name.
   SO is there any way to destroy any created ring then recreate it
with same name.

Thank You. !!!

* Re: [dpdk-dev] How to Destroy any rte_ring or recreate the ring with same name.
@ 2014-01-10 17:00 ` Jose Gavine Cueto
From: Jose Gavine Cueto @ 2014-01-10 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ankit kumar; +Cc: dev

Hi ankit,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM, ankit kumar <akprajapati616@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    As i am trying to use DPDK ring library in my application. It works
> fine.
> But as per API Documentation there is no function to destroy any
> created ring. I have to create a
> ring multiple time with same name.

How about emptying the ring and reuse it ?  Why does it need to be
destroyed ?

--

Cheers

To stop learning is like to stop loving.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] How to Destroy any rte_ring or recreate the ring with same name.
@ 2014-01-11 23:32 ` Chao Pei
From: Chao Pei @ 2014-01-11 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ankit kumar; +Cc: dev

Currently there is no way to destroy a ring. It's memory is alloced with
rte_memzone_reserve, which cannot be freed.