* [dpdk-dev] how to poll a 40G/100G NIC with multiqueues without RSS
@ 2017-06-09  6:48 Chillance Zen
From: Chillance Zen @ 2017-06-09  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi, everyone,
since I need to realize my own protocol with which RSS can not be
configured.
but we need massive packets to be processed with  multiple cpus(even that
one cpu is always polling is not enough)

does anyone know how to distribute traffic to multiple queues

thanks&regards

--
Linc @bjtu

* Re: [dpdk-dev] how to poll a 40G/100G NIC with multiqueues without RSS
@ 2017-06-16 16:38 ` Chilikin, Andrey
From: Chilikin, Andrey @ 2017-06-16 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chillance Zen, dev

With XL710 NICs you can use flexible payload for RSS for ETH_RSS_L2_PAYLOAD. By default XL710 PMD will extract first 16 bytes of the payload. You can include these 16 bytes for RSS with rte_eth_dev_filter_ctrl(...,RTE_ETH_FILTER_HASH, RTE_ETH_FILTER_SET, ...)

/Andrey