* [dpdk-dev] DPDK memory mechanism
@ 2014-08-01 20:54 Wenji Wu
From: Wenji Wu @ 2014-08-01 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello, everybody,

I am new on DPDK, and have several questions on DPDK.

Is "Mbuf Pool” pinned to avoid being swapped out? I checked the source code, and found there is API called “rte_mem_lock_page”. But it seems this API is never by called. Do I miss something?

Thanks,

wenji

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK memory mechanism
@ 2014-08-03  8:41 ` Alex Markuze
From: Alex Markuze @ 2014-08-03  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wenji Wu; +Cc: dev

I had several similar concerns a few weeks back, please look for this
email thread "Memory Pinning." On this mailing list.
Bruce was very helpful. Ill forward the thread to you now. Hope it helps.